HELP w these Marc by Marc mouse flats!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen these on eBay. They are definitely fake. This style was made by Marc Jacobs, not Marc by Marc Jacobs. Also, you can do a search on iOffer.com and you'll see exactly where these shoes probably came from. You can also tell because the sole is plain which is incorrect.

Hmm ... they must have changed since last year. Here's a pic of my mouse shoe that I purchased from the SF NM:

MJMouse.jpg

However, I still stand by my statement that there are a TON of these fake shoes on iOffer.com, which the seller could have bought and is selling on eBay. The only way you can tell if the shoe is fake is to ask the seller for a picture of the bottom of the shoe. If it's plain with no lettering on the bottom, I believe it's fake.

^ Those are indeed MBMJ... this brand always has Marc and Jacobs in contrasting colors. Collection shoe logos are in one color. Easy mistake. :smile:

There are definitely a lot of fakes of these. Good advice to ask for photos of the sole.

OK, now I'm totally confused. The box for the shoes I bought says Marc Jacobs, not Marc by Marc Jacobs. Does the brand only differentiate for handbags and not other items?

Nevermind. I'm going to try to return these because most likey they are fake. Thank goodness for you girls (TPF IS THE BEST!) WATCH OUT FOR SNOWWHITE9958 on EBAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, now I'm totally confused. The box for the shoes I bought says Marc Jacobs, not Marc by Marc Jacobs. Does the brand only differentiate for handbags and not other items?

The branding on Marc by Marc Jacobs recently changed and now it says 'Marc by Marc Jacobs' -- previously it just said Marc Jacobs. But the color of Marc was different than the color of Jacobs, which is how you knew. Also, the styles carried by the two brands are drastically different.

Nevermind. I'm going to try to return these because most likey they are fake. Thank goodness for you girls (TPF IS THE BEST!) WATCH OUT FOR SNOWWHITE9958 on EBAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, they are fake. The bottoms are plain. The bottoms of mine aren't plain.

Also, you gotta be suspicious of someone who has multiple pairs of the same shoes. No one can get that many pairs of the same shoes unless they're counterfeit.

If you need help with a dispute, let us know and we will be glad to walk you through it!

The branding on Marc by Marc Jacobs recently changed and now it says 'Marc by Marc Jacobs' -- previously it just said Marc Jacobs. But the color of Marc was different than the color of Jacobs, which is how you knew. Also, the styles carried by the two brands are drastically different.

I'm currently wearing MbyMJ mouse flats that I recently purchased from Zappos (because I was afraid of buying fakes from ebay) and just noticed that there's no difference in the colors. Should I be worried that I purchased a fake from Zappos or was the mouse flats changed AGAIN by the designer?

I came across this seller when i was looking for the Isabella Fiore Treasure wallet. She has the IF knockoffs for sure.

Okay, I'm all better now! I found out that the newer MbyMJ mouse flats do have the the words "Marc by Marc Jacobs" all in one color. I guess some of the ones on ebay are actually real or aren't as bad fakes as we originally thought!

Enlarge the picture & you will see:
http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catal...Google-_-Designers-_-Marc_by_Marc_Jacobs&n=78

Zappos is a legit site, you don't need to worry about them.

If you do buy mouse shoes on eBay, make sure that you get a picture of the soles before you buy. And if the seller is selling multiples of the same shoe, stay away.

Status
Not open for further replies.