Help w/ my first Treesje

lcarlson90

O.G.
Jan 5, 2010
I just discovered Treesje thanks to this forum. I am dying to get my hands on one of these purses. There are some great deals on-line.

I am trying to decide between the Dylan in Timoro and the Purple Studded Asher. I saw the Dylan this weekend at Kitson and I really liked it but I am not sure I am in love with the gold hardware on the Timoro. I like the Asher but it looks huge and I am only 5'2. Which bag do you ladies think is the best "first" Treesje?

TIA

Have you considered the Mini Asher? I'm not sure if it's still around in the combination you're looking at for the regular Asher (i.e. purple studded), but that might solve your size concerns! Also, FWIW, the Dylan seems like a pretty large bag too, frankly, probably at least as large as the Asher (and possibly larger in terms of what it can carry), so the Dylan may not be the best alternative for you either. Also, if you're having doubts about the hardware, that's not a good sign either, as the bag may just wind up in the back of your closet.

I'd say go for the Asher! Above all, though, the best first Treesje should be one that YOU love. :biggrin:

Hi! I am 5'1" and just received my Asher yesterday. I also thought it would be huge but it is not. It is a beautiful bag! I might be biased because I seem to love all my Treesje bags.

If you think Asher is too big, there is mini Asher. I personally perfer Asher. It is also a more popular Treesje style.

I just discovered Treesje thanks to this forum. I am dying to get my hands on one of these purses. There are some great deals on-line.

I am trying to decide between the Dylan in Timoro and the Purple Studded Asher. I saw the Dylan this weekend at Kitson and I really liked it but I am not sure I am in love with the gold hardware on the Timoro. I like the Asher but it looks huge and I am only 5'2. Which bag do you ladies think is the best "first" Treesje?

TIA

I agree, Asher is not that big. It is about the size of a RM MAM. The mini Asher is smaller.

Hi! I am 5'1" and just received my Asher yesterday. I also thought it would be huge but it is not. It is a beautiful bag! I might be biased because I seem to love all my Treesje bags.

Thanks ladies! I think the mini Asher would be great but none of the sites that are offering coupon codes have the mini. I am just a little nervous that the Asher might be to heavy. I don't usually carry large bags.

I have several Ashers and a Mini Asher. I do not believe that the Asher would be too big. Also, I don't find the Asher to be a heavy bag either (at least when the bag is empty or not filled to the brim with all of the stuff I carry around).

If you are interested in a Mini Asher and like the purple color, but don't need a studded bag, there is a Purple Mini Asher on Bonanzle from a tPFer. (Not my auction)

http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/TaraP/items/Treesje_Mini_Asher_in_Purple

I have several Ashers and a Mini Asher. I do not believe that the Asher would be too big. Also, I don't find the Asher to be a heavy bag either (at least when the bag is empty or not filled to the brim with all of the stuff I carry around).

If you are interested in a Mini Asher and like the purple color, but don't need a studded bag, there is a Purple Mini Asher on Bonanzle from a tPFer. (Not my auction)

http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/TaraP/items/Treesje_Mini_Asher_in_Purple

I saw that purple mini asher on bonanzle but I am hesitant because I don't usually buy used bags and I have heard of some people having problems with bonanzle. Maybe I will reconsider and check out the one on bonanzle.

Just for reference I ordered a Dylan (Oceano) and returned it - I'm 5'3" and like relatively larger bags (one of my favs is the Monroe tote - you can put a ton in it without it being massive), but the Dylan was just too big without having pockets or other nooks and crannies to separate stuff out in. Hope that helps!

I'm right there with you, cfalsc. I ended up returning my Dylan too. I think the Dylan works better for taller ladies.

It's an absolutely sexy bag with gorgeous leather (I am partial to the Dylan Collection because of the studs and belts), but the Dylan is a big bucket bag that drooped too much for me with my things inside, hence making it feel heavier. I kept thinking, "If only this bag had the double rolled handles instead of the single flat shoulder strap... it could better support the weight of the bag..."

But size-wise, it's not a problem for me at all. I love big bags. Guess I just prefer the rolled handles (with the detachable strap). :P