Help w/MJ Stam Bag?

booteekcloset

Feb 5, 2006
Hi,

I'm new to the forum! So excited to find something like this on the web. I purchased a Stam on E and I think it's probably a fake:sad2:. However, I did call and purchase one from MJ LV in the new Cola color and I'm going to compare the two. The SA was so, so nice - I asked her a couple of questions about the Stam to see if the one I purchased off E was the real thing or not. She told me the numbered tag on the inside of the zipper was white not black. Soooo - I think I probably got ripped off! The seller said money back guarantee, I'll keep my fingers crossed to see if I get it back.

Thanks for listening!

K

Welcome to the forum!

Congrats on the cola stam. I can't wait to see pics! It's a bummer about the fake. I hope you can get your money back.

I just got a white patent stam from MJ LV, but haven't worn it yet because it's def a spring/summer bag here in GA.

Hi Greenie,

I'm sure your new bag is gorgeous - can't wait to get mine!!

Does your new white Stam have the white tag on the inside of the zipper pocket, and does it have a number on it? Just curious.

I have other MJ bags and just love them.

:biggrin:

Hi Daisy,

I paid $400.00 - this is the first time I purchased a bag off E. Will never do it again; I should have known better! I have many other MJ bags and most were purchased from NM. That's the only way you know your getting the real deal.

K

booteekcloset said:
Hi Daisy,

I paid $400.00 - this is the first time I purchased a bag off E. Will never do it again; I should have known better! I have many other MJ bags and most were purchased from NM. That's the only way you know your getting the real deal.

K

I'm sorry to hear of your situation :sad: But I'm glad you ordered a real Stam from NM! If you paid only $400, it's more than likely that you ended up with a fake, since the real one goes for so much more. I hope you can get your money back! Good luck, please keep us posted :biggrin:

hmm~that is a lesson I learn:
If you buy a bag from Ebay at a price just a little bit below the retail price, you are still not 100% sure whether it is a fake; If you buy (the most in style, brand new)at a price far below the retail, it most likely will end up fakes.

Best luck on the money back~And report the seller~Very important!

booteekcloset said:
Hi Greenie,

I'm sure your new bag is gorgeous - can't wait to get mine!!

Does your new white Stam have the white tag on the inside of the zipper pocket, and does it have a number on it? Just curious.

I have other MJ bags and just love them.

:biggrin:

booteekcloset, I'll have to check when I get home tonight and let you know.

Oooh, Cola Stam....nice.
I have the same problem with bags on Ebay. Don't know if they're real or not, may not even get what was shown in the pics. I just don't like to take chances. I recently got a dark indigo Stella bag from the MJ LA store for full price, even though someone was selling the exact same thing on Ebay for 450 and it looked pretty real in the pics (I even compared my own with their pics after I got mine, and it looks real to me). Again, I don't like to take chances--I'd rather pay more knowing I definitely have the real thing. And besides, the purse is totally worth it. :biggrin:

pandabear said:
Oooh, Cola Stam....nice.
I have the same problem with bags on Ebay. Don't know if they're real or not, may not even get what was shown in the pics. I just don't like to take chances. I recently got a dark indigo Stella bag from the MJ LA store for full price, even though someone was selling the exact same thing on Ebay for 450 and it looked pretty real in the pics (I even compared my own with their pics after I got mine, and it looks real to me). Again, I don't like to take chances--I'd rather pay more knowing I definitely have the real thing. And besides, the purse is totally worth it. :biggrin:

pandabear, I feel pretty much the same way. I was burned on a paddy and since then, I only buy from retail stores.

booteekcloset, the tag is white and the number is R05 197