Help w/ Ebene please

Am I crazy or do both photos have red undertones? That's not good...:sad: I'm was contemplating this color as being a nice alternative to black. In calfskin, ebene has no red undertones.:shrugs:

Am I crazy or do both photos have red undertones? That's not good...:sad: I'm was contemplating this color as being a nice alternative to black. In calfskin, ebene has no red undertones.:shrugs:
HL, go into the store & have a look at the swatch book. I don't think I've seen ebene look reddish in any leather IRL. I'm sure it's just the pic. Marron fonce is often reddish but ebene really is a cool / neutral colour. :smile:

Difference between CDC (Rouge H) and Chevre Mysore (Vermillion):
CDC spine is more pronounced, the grain is larger, and it also has a subtle sheen to it, Chevre Mysore has a smaller grain, not as noticeable spine and is more matte.

I am a bit more partial to CDC b/c I like the more noticeable spine as well as the sheen. Ebene should be beautiful in Chevre either way. Ruthenium or regular Palladium would really complement the cool tone of Ebene.

Attachments

• CIMG1026.jpg
    CIMG1026.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 61
  • CIMG1025.jpg
    CIMG1025.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 55
today i had an sa use ebene and chocolate interchangeably, as if they are the same color. since the colors vary so greatly depending on the leather, i do wonder if ebene is sometimes a chocolate brown rather than an espresso color. has anyone seen ebene in evergrain?

cocoan is another alternative to ebene.. it is almost like black from the far.. it is a very dark brown color (darker than chocolate).. check out the brown color thread, I've posted a pic of my 32 HAC cocoan in CDC there.

I'm looking for a matte ebene skin. Would barenia fit the bill? Or chamonix? I'm open to other suggestions. Just something other than swift, clemence & evergrain as I already have bags with those skins. And since ruthenium's been discontinued, the hardware will probably be palladium. Thanks!

^^Am going to revise this statement. My ebene barenia is not patina'd enough to qualify as having much of a sheen. It may be that eventually it will.

I love ebene! I don't think you're considering clemence, but here's a pic of ebene clemence that is pretty true to color. It seems pretty matte to me when the light's not shining on it.

attachment.php

I've only had experience with Ebene in Togo and find it to be a beautiful dark but not too dark brown.

Here is a pic......remembering that it was taken in afternoon sunlight.

1birkinbeach3a.jpg