Help! Violet eyeliner!

mrsharrylime

Jul 7, 2009
I am in dire need of a very vibrant violet eye pencil, preferably on the bluer side, and with a matte finish.

I have seen UD's 24/7 in Ransom, but I would prefer something without that iridescense, and a little richer with some more blue...

I feel like MAC should make something, btu there isnt anything I know of...

Thanks so much!

Feb 26, 2006
WI, USA
I don't know about pencils, but MAC does make their Fluidline gel liner in a shade called Macroviolet. They also make a liquid liner color called Electrolady that sounds even more like you describe.

foxyqt

~ Foxiness Overload
O.G.
May 22, 2007
Abu Dhabi, UAE
i love MAC's Violet Underground eye kohl! unfortunately it has been discontinued a long time ago but i got mine from eBay :smile:

mrsharrylime

Jul 7, 2009
I saw Blackberry, and unfortunately it looks a little muted, unless this is just the way it swatches online?

In looking at swatches of Electrolady, I found Nonconformist, which is beautiful, and discontinued.

I think I am going to pick up Violet Underground on eBay! Thank you so much for your help. Anyone have swatches of their favorite shades in this family?

:smile:

bubbleloba

In LaLa Land
Authenticator
O.G.
Sep 9, 2006
San Francisco
I love violet eyeliners! The one I was using before I discovered I was allergic to kohl pencils is Laura Mercier eye pencil in purple sapphire. It's really flattering for brown/black eyes. They also make a black violet but I haven't tried it.

mrsharrylime

Jul 7, 2009
The reason I was sort of holding out for a kohl was because I want to do a smudgy violet eye with mascara and a nude glossy lip that I have in mind for a couple of fall outfits. Can't wait for VU to arrive.

Think I may wander over to my local MAC counter in a few just to see their new collections, too!

xlana

O.G.
Sep 26, 2006
New York City
I definitely recommend Make-Up Forever Aqua eyes for vibrant eye liners. They have several shades of purple to choose from if I remember correctly.

Feb 26, 2009
Bay Area, California
Hard Candy Makes a violet one called Vibe, but I;m not sure it would be the best to smudge..it's pretty small and thin. My all-time fav is a non-color liquid liner by Urban Decay called Eyeshadow Transforming Potion. It's dual ended, one end has a thin brush and the other a thick one, You dip it into whatever color eye shadow and viola~ you get that color of eye liner. I've always loved it, and got it at Sephora...

Feb 26, 2009
Bay Area, California
I mean to look for a replacement everytime I shop at Sephora, but I have serious CRS, so I aalways forget! :P But it is the greatest idea, isn't it? No need to buy multiple colors of eyeliner! good luck, hope you find it!

mrsharrylime

Jul 7, 2009
oh my.

My MAC Violet Underground just arrived today.

I love it. It is exactly what I was looking for, albeit a tad less bright.

That said, it comes highly recommended to anyone who may be looking for a great smoky violet eye come fall. I found mine on eBay!