HELP! Vino on my vanchetta leather

1. Last nite splashed vino on the handle, of course it has to be MERLOT. It was a splash. I used a pencil earaser to lighten it up. It's better, but still there. You can see it looks now lighter where I tried to get the stain out. You can see it is a differnt color then the top handle. I thought I read on this forum for pen marks ...so I tried. I have only had the LV for a little over a month..so it still is very light, any ideas? I did use appleguard on it but, I guess, it didn't work or I didn't spray well. Will it be ok after it gets to the honey colored patina?? Maybe not as noticabe.Any tips??
    Pics attached but might be hard to see.

DSC00144.JPG
  2. I would probably leave it be, it will blend in with the patina and be less noticable as the leather darkens. Magic eraser is another thing that you can try, but I would probably not recommend it since your handles are quite light still plus the process can dry out the leather.

3. Your right I should just let it be. It will be a mark on my bag with a story...remember the night we went out for wine tasting and after went to a jazz club and I splashed my baby. I usually cover it with a napkin if I'm eating or drinking. and is always at my side. You would think esp. with red wine I would have been more careful.
    I can look at the bright side, it could have been much worse.
    Thanks.

4. Honestly, I can hardly see it.
    It could have been MUCH worse, and call me crazy, but I am someone who likes little marks on things, I think they give them character. I'm so neurotic about thing when they are brand new, once they have their first scuff or mark, I can relax and just enjoy. :smile:

5. Ditto, just let it be. Patina will darken a bit more nad it will blend in.

6. The stain is barely visible, so dont fret!

7. I agree, thats not too bad keep rubbing only that spot (looks a little light) with your hand and leave it by a window deepen the patina.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice