Help, used Bal city from ebay

brigitte0810

Jul 23, 2007
Hi, I've just ventured into the land of Bal bags, and I have been burnt by the Koodos fake Bal bags disaster as well. I have returned the RH black city and am anxiously awaiting a refund.

Meanwhile I have purchased a black 2006 RH city from *bay for 700 GBP, and I have received it today. The body of the bag is lovely, the lining needs some cleaning, but is Ok, too, the sealant of the handles has cracked and split, with the white inside coming through, but I expected all of that, since it showed a little on the pics. I think I could manage with some DIY. My biggest concern is the wear on the corners. Although the seller did mention "one slight scuff on one of the corners", I think there is more wear and rub than I would have expected. On two corners the upper leather layer actually has rubbed through, it is not torn, but def ribbed. On the other two corners there is def. rub and wear, too, although not as bad as on the other two corners. Probably I cannot so much about it, there is also some wear on the buckles on the body, but that can be buffed out a little.

Now my question is, as I do think the bag in itself is nice and I would like to keep it, would it be Ok to ask for a partial refund since the wear described in the listing is not exactly as in reality? How much would be Ok asking for? I don't want to be unfair, but I would feel happier if I was given some refund. Maybe the price is good anyway, I am not so familiar with what is common. So please advise!
I will attach pics later, but here is the listing:
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140421455303&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

So that is $1,075.00? That's a good price.
The bag looks great to me and I don't think the corners are bad, even with these close-up pics which make everything look much worse. But yes, they are worn.
If the bag was not described properly it is fair to ask for a partial refund. Ask for 10%?
In the meantime, don't let this get in the way of the bigger picture, which is you now have a fantastic bag well under retail!

IMO this Bag is in fair condition, not "immaculate" condition as she described. Other than the four corners (one of them the leather even torn), the handle's condition is pretty poor too. Whether it is worth the price you paid, the opinion is very subjective. I personally feel the seller did not lay out all the imperfections.

I agree that this bag is definitely not in "immaculate condition" as claimed on the eBay listing. Asking for a partial refund might be a good idea -- maybe you can use it towards having the bag completely cleaned up to your liking!

Thank you for your responses, I really appreciate that. So asking for a refund would be fair in your opinion? I'd probably go with the 10 % then. It is always unpleasant having to do that, though, as you never know how the seller will respond and having to fight, well, I am never comfortable about that.

^^^
If you love this bag and want to keep it don't let the $ get in the way. It's not worth it. That amount is not going to make any difference in your life. Don't get into a fight. Ask for what you want then forget about it.

Hi - I saw this bag listed as immaculate before you bought it - and I could see that the handles were badly worn which was not mentioned at all in the description, and this put me off as to what state the rest of the bag may be in. And one corner just a little scuffed?? IMO I think the bag is SNAD and unless you really love the bag I would try for a return. Just my opinion but there are quite a few excellent condition chevre bags come up on ebay UK for a very similar price as to what you paid.
The bag is no way immaculate and I think you should certainly be entitled to a partial refund if this is the way you want to go but I think you can get a better bag for the same price.
Good luck in your decision and hope you get a satisfactory outcome..

I saw this one too , Immaculate ? I don't think so, I didn't think the pics in the listing were much good either, I think I'd be looking for a return, it's def a SNAD IMO.

Thank you for all your input, this is very valuable for me. I am such a chicken, I initially thought I would ask for 50 GBP refund, which would be just about 7 %, and I am still inclined to keep the bag, but will try and ask for 10% refund instead.

Do you think that the corners can be repaired? If I was to return the bag, do I have to pay all shipping costs?

This has been illuminating for me. I need to raise my standards.
I just feel if something is listed as immaculate condition then it should be so! This listing IMO was totally misleading as to the condition - I'm not saying the bag isn't gorgeous - it's just not as described..

I think LMB restores the corners beautifully if you able to ship it to them..so perhaps 10% would help towards the cost of this.

I just feel if something is listed as immaculate condition then it should be so! This listing IMO was totally misleading as to the condition - I'm not saying the bag isn't gorgeous - it's just not as described..

I think LMB restores the corners beautifully if you able to ship it to them..so perhaps 10% would help towards the cost of this.

Totally agree, immaculate does not mean scuffed corners and done in sealant, it means as perfect as the day it was bought from the store in my eyes.