HELP!!!! US Customs Seizure

Feb 12, 2010
TORONTO, CANADA
Same things happened to me.
I sent 2 Tory Burch bags from Canada to US 3 weeks ago by Fedex, several days later, I got phone call from Fedex, they told me that there were some documents missing and I need to provide more documents in order to clear the Customs, I printed the copy of the invoice from ebay and faxed to them, 2 days later, I got an email from one of the buyer saying Fedx was trying to deliver the package to him with COD $165 which was too much for him. He refused the package. I called Fedex, they said either me or the buyer need to pay the COD in total amount of $274, or they will just destroy the packages . I sold these 2 bags for total only $269, and I have to pay $274 Taxes/Brokerage fee. That is ridiculous. I didnt pay... at the meantime, I sent 2 letters to the buyers, and told them the situation, also I full refund them, cause I dont think that is the buyer's fault. One week later, I called Fedex and told them I will pay the fees, but Fedex told me the US Customs had the packages, I need to call them instead, I did call, one of the officer told me the bags were counterfeit unless I could provide the more documents. I knew my bags were 10000% authentic, cause I got the bags from my friend who works for Tory Burch. (most of my bags are factory second or sample sale).

I called US Customs many times, and asked them what i should do and what kind of documents i need to provide, they told me that they are going to send me a letter. Its been more than 10 days and I still have not received any letter from them.

I am so frustrated right now. I dont what to do. Please help

echo_23

O.G.
Oct 2, 2006
Houston
Avatary, you may want to start your own thread on this matter. This is a very old thread and people may get confused reading through the original story before getting to yours.

On a side note, that was very nice of you to refund your buyer. Buyers should look into customs charges before purchasing internationally and they should be the buyer's responsibility. I am not quite sure why the customs cost was the same as the purchase price. I don't know of anyplace that charges 100% customs taxes. Something doesn't sound right there....

missucc

O.G.
Feb 2, 2008
Avatary, you may want to start your own thread on this matter. This is a very old thread and people may get confused reading through the original story before getting to yours.

On a side note, that was very nice of you to refund your buyer. Buyers should look into customs charges before purchasing internationally and they should be the buyer's responsibility. I am not quite sure why the customs cost was the same as the purchase price. I don't know of anyplace that charges 100% customs taxes. Something doesn't sound right there....
The US CBP may not have calculated customs based on the declared value. They estimated my 4 Bals (sold for $2800) at $7700. This is ridiculous since even Bals US's catalogue price for the 4 Bals combined (assuming current year, which they are not) is only around $6000. I'd say some customs officers are just out to lunch.

JustJenna

Angel Fashionista
Nov 13, 2010
Durham, NC
I just read this whole thread -- and I'm totally on the edge of my seat. Did OP ever get her bags back? How did it work out with customs? Was their a happy ending? Crossing fingers there was!