Help! UGLY SCAR

LiveForToday

Poppy
Dec 29, 2013
Please ladies, I need advice. I trusted my mother to freeze a wart off my chin (pretty sure she did it wrong) and its left a horrible scar on my chin. Its taking so long to heal. I started with silver cream and keeping it covered. Then aquaphor until my skin felt normal. Im using growth factor serum plus and I dont think it's helping. Now Im using retin a as well and even though it seems to be slightly smaller, if you have any tips or suggestions , please feel free!!! I am desperate! 68383192_10157466242650912_7816654004124909568_n.jpg

Did you try coconut oil? It's completely natural, and at the very least would help wit the redness. I've used coconut oil for everything from healing a burn (which I get most frequently from my straightening iron), as part of home-made face masks, skin moiosturizer, for mosquito bites, a substitute makeup remover, and even to remove pine sap. Hopefully, it goes away soon.

Reactions: LiveForToday
Did you try coconut oil? It's completely natural, and at the very least would help wit the redness. I've used coconut oil for everything from healing a burn (which I get most frequently from my straightening iron), as part of home-made face masks, skin moiosturizer, for mosquito bites, a substitute makeup remover, and even to remove pine sap. Hopefully, it goes away soon.
Unfortunatly coconut oil causes my skin to break out in a rash! I have used olive oil to moisterize in the past but this is becoming raised so i think im going to need a treatment like microneedling. I'm going to end up making an appt but i have to wait another couple weeks so id like to do what I can for this in the meantime. Thank you for your suggestion! :heart:

I understand the panic but, having been down this road before, please put all the products down (especially the retin) and only use something to keep it moist and sunscreen until it has absolutely and completely healed. Like healed for a solid few months, healed. Otherwise, putting things on it to minimize the scarring is only going to make a mess while it is still healing.

Also, make an appointment with a dermatologist and see what she says. You have likely caused damage at a cellular level if you used one of those freezing kits.

Unfortunatly coconut oil causes my skin to break out in a rash! I have used olive oil to moisterize in the past but this is becoming raised so i think im going to need a treatment like microneedling. I'm going to end up making an appt but i have to wait another couple weeks so id like to do what I can for this in the meantime. Thank you for your suggestion! :heart:

You're welcome! And yes, I think it would be a good idea to see a dermatologist. You can also try searching online for other natural remedies that won't cause a rash, so you can hopefully find something to ease the discomfort and redness in the meantime. A good hydrating moisturizer or rose water would help.

I think Aquaphor to keep it moist can't hurt. My dermatologist really likes that.

I had a similar scar form on my forehead from an overly aggressive ipl treatment. My nurse friend (that previously worked in the burn unit) said it was a second degree (it blistered). I kept it moist with aquaphor for a few weeks and then just applied my normal sensitive skin moisturizer as per usual. I’m already extremely vigilant about sunscreen, but even more so in that spot. The first year is crucial in regards to sun protection- sun will cause pigment changes.

The good news is I can barley see it- a tiny indent almost like a chicken pox scar. No discoloration. It’s been 9 months.

My advice is to keep it moist, but use gentle products only. And then sun protection. Yours looks really similar to mine and I think it will heal wonderfully if you take these measures.

I was crying and hysterical that I would have a terrible scar and it’s almost unnoticeable- try not to worry! I know that’s easier said than done!

Please ladies, I need advice. I trusted my mother to freeze a wart off my chin (pretty sure she did it wrong) and its left a horrible scar on my chin. Its taking so long to heal. I started with silver cream and keeping it covered. Then aquaphor until my skin felt normal. Im using growth factor serum plus and I dont think it's helping. Now Im using retin a as well and even though it seems to be slightly smaller, if you have any tips or suggestions , please feel free!!! I am desperate! View attachment 4510631
If you put on wet band, an aquifer or a fucidin, you'll be fine in a week. Avoid the sun.

I had a cyst on my jaw/neck removed a couple of weeks ago with 4 stitches. The stitches were taken out yesterday (ouch!) and a few steri-strips were then put on it.

The scar is bumpy, close to an inch long and my doctor said it was like that because the stitches were deep to keep the skin together or something but it will flatten out some in about 6 months. She also said they had a silicone gel or sheets I could purchase and use if I wanted (no). I just did a Google search and there is such a thing available at drugstores. I'm ok with the scar, my hair covers it but I can feel your pain, so to speak. Maybe check out the scar gel stuff. Good Luck!

I have a scar on the tip of my nose because I had to get a malignant mole removed and it was a deep incision with 5 or 6 sutures. That's quite a lot of sutures for a nose tip. It was done years ago so I was young and ignorant and back then there was not much buzz about any scar minimizing products or procedures. Now it looks like I have a huge pore on my nose. Initially upsetting but it doesn't bother me these days although I still feel kind of crappy about it. See a derm and maybe he or she has something that can help you, especially when the scar is still new.