Help Twiggers Make a Reasonable Wishlist

Deana....you are an inspiration!!! That is amazing...the ones you bought and then the ones you kept!!
I guess if I am going to go nuts on ebay then I really need to learn how to authenticate these things!
Well...I'm going to work on the list a little more....and see if I can get it pared down a little to something more manageable!
The hard thing is not having seen any of these IRL....I don't even know how I'll like them once I see them!

I love your list : you seemed to have studied a lot in the Bal library.
I think you should begin with the easiest bags to find : the 07 and maybe try to limit yourself with one in each color group to start : one red, one blue, one "grey" ...
I mean maybe you needn't to have both Anthra and Plomb to start your Bal collection...
This way you'll know your fav bal styles and fav color group (some bgirls have all the red others all the blue etc...) without taking risk on ebay...
and then you'll be "Bal graduated" ;) and find all the amazing old colors on ebay without taking risk to buy a fake.

twiggers love your list.

Like the others have said start with the A/W 07 then move onto the older season colors. Maybe also hunt some S/S 07 bags like Anthra, Vert gazon, French Blue etc....

In terms of authenticating, you need to study bales, rivets, buckles, studs, tassles etc..

Good luck girlie!

I think you should start with the "basics" in 2007...black city, tomato twiggy or city, and a violet twigger. I think anthracite is a TDF color too. Then like Deana said, keep one eye on ebay at all times for older bags. =)

Deana....you are an inspiration!!! That is amazing...the ones you bought and then the ones you kept!!
I guess if I am going to go nuts on ebay then I really need to learn how to authenticate these things!
Well...I'm going to work on the list a little more....and see if I can get it pared down a little to something more manageable!
The hard thing is not having seen any of these IRL....I don't even know how I'll like them once I see them!
:yes:
Absolutely! Being able to authenticate is super important, and that is where the pf gals were a big help when I was a newbie. Once you have a couple in your possession it's gets easier and easier to spot the fakes. But when in doubt you can ask for help here.
:tup:
As far as not seeing them in real life, as you can see I had to let some go that I had thought I was going to love. But if you are buying bags that are in great condition and that are not currently available in stores, selling them really should not be a problem. I never was interested in making money, so I would be totally up front when selling them, letting buyers know what I paid and that I only wanted to cover my fees and shipping without taking a loss. With so many sellers on ebay interested in making a buck (which there is absolutely nothing wrong with) makes a buyer appreciate getting a bag from someone who only wants to sell a bag for what they paid for it. Your more than welcome to write me anytime if you need help with spotting fakes. If you want to, send me a pm, and I will pm you back with my home email address.
:wlae:
I'm really excited to see what you will get first! We are very bad enablers here, so you will get lots of encouragement when buying your bags!!!
:graucho:
I still love me LV as well, and since my favorite is the White Multicolor, my LV shoes and accessories go great with my Bbags. I am lacking in Bbag accessories, and I would love to get some to go with my LV Suede Fringe Bucket, and other LV bags. All the colors in my Balenciaga bags can be found in the white multicolor, so they are great to where together!!!
:P
Thank you twiggers and pluiee for your lovely compliments on my bags!
:heart:

Hey Naomi! I agree with everyone, go to the shop today and get all your 07 leather bags then the older ones. imo violet is nicer than eggplant so get that instead!
Cant wait to see pics xx

^^^I wish I could go today! LOL!!! It sucks that I am 90 miles away from the nearest store!
Deana: Thanks so much for the offer...I appreciate it!!!!!! I do love your collection and all those bright colors!

With the older colors, you won't get everything you want. I'd prioritize and stalk ebay. If you love current colors, get them now, as you never know what the leather will be like next season. This fall's leather is great IMO! And it seems they sell pretty quickly.
Enjoy the ride!!

Thanks France!!! My first Bbag is on its way...should be here tomorrow or Wed. So then we'll see if it's love and go from there!

:yahoo:sooooo excited for you! I am really curious what is your first bbag! I would start with aquamarine and anthracite and violet...as they were/are popular and may be more difficult to get a hold of in the near future. Aquamarine in my opinion is close to turquoise 05 (though not as vibrant or bright) and also teal (aqua is brighter and more intense than teal but less so than turq.) so it would be a great way to go, esp, if you prefer new and mint bags.

Also, plomb is sooooo versatile and would go with your wardrobe in the summer or winter! The Plomb I own is currently my fave color and leather from the precollection fall 07 colors. The plomb is fab in the city style! But would also look good in the twiggy. That reminds me I'm pretty sure Balny prob. still has aqua twiggies left...accord to a list I think I saw not too long ago on this forum.

Don't look for bubblegum yet...wait for the 08 bubblegum to come out and compare the two to see which u like....it is also very difficult to find bubblegum in mint/new condition but I'm guessing before the 08 colors come out, people may post their old bubblegums on ebay.

:graucho: Once you get your first bbag in your hand, you will not know how the bbag bug has bitten you. You will be smitten...if not by the color, then by the feel of the leather!!! Keep us posted!