Help: Tote bags similar to cabas alto?

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Early Access is now open to Nordstrom card members! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale. We're also giving away eight $200 gift cards to 8 lucky TPFers during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello all! I’m wondering if there are comparable tote bags out there in style and size. I already have the cabas piano and luco but I would really love a larger bag for overnighters/ as a carry on. I am open to both vintage/ not in production and those still in production today. Let me know if you have any ideas/ pics!

2. What about the city steamer xxl? Or if it can be a bit smaller, Jersey.

lafisushi likes this.
  3. IF you can find an Alto I highly suggest it, I have had mine for almost two years and its the best work bag.

lafisushi likes this.
  4. Palermo GM, it’s huge and i use it as a travel bag.

lafisushi and skyqueen like this.
  5. Have you looked at the All In? Very similar to the Cabos Alto.

lafisushi and nvie like this.
  6. Sac Flanerie pm/45.

Kodi-

lafisushi likes this.
  7. Chelsea tote. I have one in DE and it's an amazing bag. Holds everything and is extremely durable. Out of production now.

lafisushi likes this.
  8. Take a look at All-In tote.

coloradolvr and lafisushi like this.
  9. Thank you for all your great answers! I have been checking all that you have suggested.

I am still searching for a cabas alto- I am now considering alternatives due to how hard it is to get my hands on a cabas alto in the condition that I would like.

Keep those answers coming! Thanks for your help!

10. I had the Cabas Alto, but recently sold it. While I loved the bag, it was large and when I filled it for traveling, it got really heavy. I also wanted something with a bit of security. I now use the Citadine GM and love it. But I really did love the Alto, too. Can’t go wrong with it!

lafisushi likes this.
  11. If you really like the cabas alto, you can always order a zippered organizer for it. I ordered one for my preloved sac shopping tote. I had no issues when I traveled to NYC a few weeks ago. The sac shopping tote isn't as big as the alto but it is such an improvement from the neverfull gm that I sold. The strap drop is much more comfortable. Anyway...another bag for you to check out!

lafisushi likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice