Help - torn between two gorgeous colours!

SoadyJones01

May 11, 2013
Hi all,

I've decided for now, thanks to all of the wonderful ladies who helped me on a previous thread, that I am not going to purchase the preloved Wilshire in pomme.

I have always wanted the pomme alma pm. It's my favourite colour and line from LV. I'm just worried that its too expensive for me right now - so I'm saving for something I'll potentially never afford or if i do get it, I'll be too afraid to use it because I'll have saved for so long, I'll want it to stay pristine forever.

BUT - I saw the new amethyst empreinte line and love it! I'm contemplating the compact curieuse and if I purchase today, will get it before the increase. Also, my SA said it'll only be around for about 5 months, so if I'm gonna get it, I might as well get it now for a lower price! Likely to be my own emp item ever too.

If I get the wallet, I'll be ages away from my alma :sad: I definitely don't have the money for the alma yet and will be saving for a while as I have other things that I need to save for, so money is pretty tight right now!

So, what should I do? Get the wallet and save for the alma but potentially never get it - if they discontinue pomme.

Or forget the wallet ( possibly miss out on amethyst) and save for the alma?

Thanks all :smile: I really appreciate any help!

Last edited:
Hi all,

I've decided for now, thanks to all of the wonderful ladies who helped me on a previous thread, that I am not going to purchase the preloved Wilshire in pomme. The seller also actually later said that she wanted a higher amount than I was willing to pay too.

So, I am 100% certain that I want the pomme alma pm. Before I even knew what Lv was (well, I'd heard of it but didn't really appreciate it) I had seen the vernis alma and fallen in love. I'd only seen the brown mono before and found this beautiful. Well, I know I want it eventually and so far I have a cles, cosmetic pouch and 4 key holder in pomme. It's my favourite colour and line from LV.

BUT - I saw the new amethyst empreinte line and love it! I'm contemplating the compact curieuse and if I purchase today, will get it before the increase. Also, my SA said it'll only be around for about 5 months, so if I'm gonna get it, I might as well get it now for a lower price!

If I get the wallet, I'll be ages away from my alma :sad: I definitely don't have the money for the alma yet and will be saving for a while as I have other things that I need to save for, so money is pretty tight right now!

If I get the emp curieuse, it's likely to be my own ever emp item.

So, what should I do? Get the wallet and save for the alma but potentially never get it - if they discontinue pomme.

Or forget the wallet ( possibly miss out on amethyst) and save for the alma?

Thanks all :smile:
Pomme will be around longer than empreinte Amethyst, if you really love the color then go for the wallet first, but if it is me, I will save for the Pomme Alma.

these are my very fav vernis colors ever; pomme and amethyste so i can def see y u want both items..first i would get the wallet bc the amethyste color might be discontinued faster than the alma pomme

save for the pomme alma! i feel like a new purse is always more satisfying than a new wallet, though that's just me. also i totally relate because i am always stuck in this dilemma… rarely do i ever save enough to make it to an ultimate designer goal because i get so distracted by other purchases along the way!

I desperately want the alma but after working out how long it will take for me to save for it while saving for the other things along the way, it could take me a year just for the alma! :/

And no, honestly, I don't need another wallet haha. But I have nothing in emp leather and this is the nicest thing IMO :smile: I would like an emp artsy but I won't even consider that until I have a steady job.

Bags I have - Eva. Mc pochette. Epi pochette. Mono pochette. Speedy 25. Speedy 40. Mono alma. I've sold everything else!

Wallets - emilie in DE. Josephine in mono. Zcp in amarante. Pomme cles. Mono cles. Mc card holder.

I know :sad: I feel like having a bag would be better but I don't even use the bags I do have... I use SLG's every day! So undecided! More pictures of the amethyst are coming out and it's lovely ! But my mom thinks it looks cheap...

Okay - here's another question for you all. I've just phoned LV and if I order this wallet in grenat and amethyst - i want to compare - and don't love them, I can return them for a complete refund within 7 days (I'm having to order online).
Would you do this? And then if I decide that it's nice but I'd rather save for my alma, I can send them back and just be at a loss of about £10 for postage.