Help to choose! Birkin 35 Vs 30

Kacero

Aug 31, 2013
Hello tPF,

I have been offered a Birkin 35 black Togo leather with silver hard wear direct from a hermes boutique, I only buy from the boutique.

I currently own a Birkin 30 raisin Togo leather. Lindy coco 34, garden party 36 gold all leather unused, Kelly wallet black unused, Evelyn blue sapphire GM & Victoria in a petroleum colour...can't remember the real name!

Questions:

Do I sell my Birkin 30 & other bags to the equivalent cost of the 35 and buy the black 35?

Or just turn down the 35? And keep with what I have?

I wish I could keep them all both but I can't.

Hermes is my hobby, I only spend a set amount so I don't break that rule...I buy for fun and the 'chase' of that all elusive bag.

Which one would you choose if you were only allowed to own 1 Birkin?

Thanks for your kind guidance. Xx

You need both size 30 and 35 birkin.
I'm afraid I don't have the discipline to get rid of the B30 but definitely encourage you to go for black b35. I did that this year and I'm now contented, at least for now...
If I were you, I will get rid of the Lindy 34 and Evelyne GM cos I find them too large and also the Garden Party cos not a fan. But these may not resell well though.

Are you happy with your size 30
If yes stay put
If you're really in love this b35 noir
I suggest that you sell your lindy
Can sell higher price comparing to gp
You still get to keep a shoulder tote
Or wait for a kelly in future
Since financial restrictions
Add variety to your collection
If you sell your b30
You are all left with big sizes bags
You may regret one day

Ddid you buy the 30 as a compromise when you wanted the 35? Why don't you use some of the others yet? If you don't use and really want a 35, sell the lindy etc. If it's just because you are offered a 35, keep your collection.

Hello tPF,

I have been offered a Birkin 35 black Togo leather with silver hard wear direct from a hermes boutique, I only buy from the boutique.

I currently own a Birkin 30 raisin Togo leather. Lindy coco 34, garden party 36 gold all leather unused, Kelly wallet black unused, Evelyn blue sapphire GM & Victoria in a petroleum colour...can't remember the real name!

Questions:

Do I sell my Birkin 30 & other bags to the equivalent cost of the 35 and buy the black 35?

Hermes is my hobby, I only spend a set amount so I don't break that rule...I buy for fun and the 'chase' of that all elusive bag.

Def keep the B30 raisin for me - prefer that size and colour.
If you really preferred the black one I don't think you'd need to ask for help - Just IMO

Hello tPF,

Questions:

If your joy comes from the "chase", (and as someone who relates to this, I truly get that) then you have been offered one of the best playing cards in the game "Togo Black Birkin 35 PHW". I don't think you can say no to this! :tup:

If you have to sell, sell everything BUT the B. They're hard to get and the price keeps rising.
+1
Keep your raisin B if at all possible. You can sell everything else. The new 35B will replace the garden party. The K wallet is still unused so you prob aren't using that much anyway. I do love my Lindy but it is a 30 and I tend to grab my K35 more often.

A black 35 Togo with PHW is a forever combination, in my opinion. What a lucky problem to have!!

It never gets better than Black B Togo with PHW. If it was me...I'd jump on it. Get rid of other bags from your collection but definitely keep your B30 (my fav size and so easy to carry). You'd have a neutral and pop of color in different sizes. Good luck.

Hello tPF,

Questions:

If you don't want to go over a financial threshold I would sell the unused items and 1 more bag and make the purchase, keep your Raisin 30 B :smile:

Thank you so much for all the help and advice. I was thinking of selling what I don't use/love and trying to keep the both. But thought myself extravagant for doing so...it seems I'm not the only one to think this though so not so extravagant after all. Watch this space, there maybe a reveal coming up!