Help!! to buy pre-owned or brand new?

Hi everybody!

Would you let me know your thoughts on buying a pre-owned GST or a brand new one?

i've found a pre-owned GST in excellent condition and I think the seller may sell it for $2200-$2300. This is compared to a brand new one which is on hold for me at bloomies with the 15% discount which comes up to $2618 (with tax).

If the seller sells it to me at $2200, I'm savings $400, but would you gals think its worth buying a pre-owned bag if I'm just savings $400 or is $400 considered a good discount on a pre-owned bag?

Pls let me know your thoughts, any thoughts would be very much appreciated!!!

tia!

Are you able to get the GST from Europe? You can definitely get it at the cheapest price and brand new. Otherwise if it's only $400 difference between used and brand new, I will always go with brand new. At least you have warranty and have option to return/exchange if you don't like it. There is unlimited return policy at Bloomingdale's if you have not used the bag.

Unless the color is extraordinary, I would not buy preowned. U can always get black n beige n white. But if the preowned is hard to get color, then i will get it. I am picky on color. Heehee

if it still looks brand new, no scratches on the metal or the leather, and it still smells new (that is very important to me), why not save $400? That is money you can put towards something else. Although, buying new eliminates almost all worry about it being authentic or not. Could you have it authenticated on here?

Also, is it coming with the original dust cover and box?

If there is any signs of wear or question of authenticity, $400 isn't huge savings.

Really depends on what your gut feeling is!

if it still looks brand new, no scratches on the metal or the leather, and it still smells new (that is very important to me), why not save $400? That is money you can put towards something else. Although, buying new eliminates almost all worry about it being authentic or not. Could you have it authenticated on here?

Also, is it coming with the original dust cover and box?

If there is any signs of wear or question of authenticity, $400 isn't huge savings.

Really depends on what your gut feeling is!

I totally get what u r saying, i am currently also looking of buying GST as well. I am lucky enough that my in law will be in France and UK in March and i will get her to buy one from there. To be honest if u r going to spend that much money already, $400 is not that much more to own CC brand new with # and u know that's your only. If i am going to purchased a pre loved, i will not spend more than $1700-$1900 MAX or i will get a brand new bag from store instead... Hope that help

Are you able to get the GST from Europe? You can definitely get it at the cheapest price and brand new. Otherwise if it's only $400 difference between used and brand new, I will always go with brand new. At least you have warranty and have option to return/exchange if you don't like it. There is unlimited return policy at Bloomingdale's if you have not used the bag.

Unfortunately i dont know anyone going to europe anytime soon and i dont think i can wait for a friend to go there before i get one, so i think US is the next best option for a Cheaper chanel bag as compared to Asia? Correct me ifi'm wrong!