Help! Timeless woc or red velvet boy

ateebi

Aug 9, 2007
Hi everyone!
So I have a dilemma and was wondering if anyone can help me make a decision. I have been itching for something red and something chanel in my closet. I made my way to the chanel boutique today and bought a caviar timeless woc in red BUT I also saw a beautiful velvet red boy (small size) that I cannot stop thinking about. I cannot help but think that the woc is just a simple and timeless piece to have that I can just wear casually. The velvet boy, is more substantial to me and just really unique and edgy. Should I exchange my woc for the small velvet boy? I really need to make a decision! Thanks!

Can you take a picture of your red timeless WOC and also the tag. I really want a red WOC but I have only seen the dark pink and was told there was no red this season.

Sorry I don't think this is the timeless woc, right?
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1406434114.635968.jpg
I think that the woc and the small boy are two different things but I will just get one or the other for now and they will serve similar purposes.
Thanks for the votes! Let's see your thoughts!

Sorry I don't think this is the timeless woc, right?
View attachment 2699043
I think that the woc and the small boy are two different things but I will just get one or the other for now and they will serve similar purposes.
Thanks for the votes! Let's see your thoughts!

It isn't the timeless WOC but still very pretty. I have one in black and I have been taking it everywhere with me. I even use mine as a real wallet when I carry larger bags. I think it is more practical than a boy (although it is lovely and I plan on getting one myself). I like the fact that I can also tuck in the straps when I want to go for a more sophisticated/ date night look and then wear it crossbody to go out and run errands.

I hope this helps. :heart:

I love the woc but dont like the velvet Boy.

Kaviar leather is so durable & low maintencance and classic.
Velvet instead is just a lil but over the Top for me. not a velvet Fan.

I Would n t like the thought of ripped Corners or getting Dirty
Personally i love the leather Boys

Hope u find your ️perfect bag. ❤️

In real life the boy's quilted stitching is a bit messier than in the promo photos. It really stands out. I saw it a few days ago and feel it is not nearly as nice as the previous generation of velvet boy!

That being said I would agree with the above. Go for boy but a different boy!! Go for a less high maintenence finish. Caviar is great for that!!

The image you posted is a classic quilted WOC, not timeless. Have you tried wrapping the chain around the flap? It makes the chain look extra shiny!! I kind of regret not getting this WOC when I saw it in April, opting for the black lambskin version instead. I hope you keep this WOC. IMO If you want the velvet boy, keep this WOC and buy the velvet one too :smile:

I would choose simply choose WOC for the fact I'm not a fan of velvet. Now if the boy was leather, ask me the question again and I'll probably give you a different answer, LOL!
Good luck on your decision!

I would definitely not go for the velvet...unless velvet is your favorite thing ever. It just doesn't say classic timeless to me like the caviar/grained leather.

Thanks everyone! So grateful for your input! Let me say that I do have a medium black boy with the larger quilting in calf already.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1406460650.031979.jpg
I love it and it's very practical for me in all ways. Now, I'm looking for something in red, I love the boy style, but I rarely get the exact same bag with colour repetitions. That's why I thought of the velvet red because it's so unique and more beautiful than the stock photo. The reason why I'm asking for help is because I'm made gawdy decisions in the past and want to see people's reactions to the velvet!

Thanks! I knew I had something wrong there! And I will try that with the chain. And I feel the same way as you, I don't want to regret not getting a simple red woc and just take for granted that it will always be there!
I also saw the lamb skin boy woc in red with silver hwr and I was a little underwhelmed for some reason!

The image you posted is a classic quilted WOC, not timeless. Have you tried wrapping the chain around the flap? It makes the chain look extra shiny!! I kind of regret not getting this WOC when I saw it in April, opting for the black lambskin version instead. I hope you keep this WOC. IMO If you want the velvet boy, keep this WOC and buy the velvet one too :smile: