Help, time sensitive. Buying a bag before selling old one?

fashion16

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
Serious time sensitive question. There is a bag on eBay I really, really want. Auction closes in a few hours so I need to make a decision quick. I have been saving money to buy the bag new but found it on eBay (authenticated and great price). I only have half the $$ now but would have all of it f I sold my MJ petrol stam. Gorg bag but just not practical for my life. I haven't listed it on eBay so I am not sure if it will sell. If I don't get this bag now, I will be paying almost $1k more retail. Another detail, the seller accepts returns for any reason within seven days. I am thinking of buying it, listing the stam and if it doesn't sell, I will have to return the new bag. Is this a bad idea? I am worried I may regret selling the stam in my purchase frenzy. Help!!!!

fashion16

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
redskynight said:
Your bag will take a while to sell, I would sell it first and then look for the new bag.
Thanks red sky. Why do you think it will take a while to sell? I know it is an older style and color but because it is rare, I was hoping it wouldn't e too hard

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
Could be a while until the bag of your dreams comes along $1K below retail. On the other hand of course you have no guarantees you MJ Stam will sell at all.

It's a calculated risk but I'd go for it :yes:

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
San Diego
If you can afford to buy the bag then list your stam knowing it may take time to sell, then I say buy it. I don't like the idea of buying the new bag and planning on returning it if you can't sell your MJ bag right away. For one thing, you're paying for shipping to and from and it's really not fair to the seller.

indiaink

Eh
Authenticator
O.G.
May 3, 2007
if you can afford to buy the bag then list your stam knowing it may take time to sell, then i say buy it. I don't like the idea of buying the new bag and planning on returning it if you can't sell your mj bag right away. For one thing, you're paying for shipping to and from and it's really not fair to the seller.
Buy the bag. You'll sell your Stam eventually. And - highlighted above ...