HELP! Thread is loose on Carly..what to do?

xangelannx

Jan 23, 2008
I just noticed that there is a loose threa on my brown leather Carly on the strap. I don't know if they will fix this if I send it in or if they will keep it and I definitely don't want them to keep it over one little thread. What do you guys think I should do and how will they handle this if I do send it in for repair? I want to keep this bag cause I love it and never see the browns anymore. Will this keep getting worse if I let it go? I have no idea how this could have happened. Sorry the last 2 pics are a little blurry, I had to turn the flash off cause it was too bright with it on and you couldn't see the thread. Thanks for any advice!
011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

If you tug the thread, does it keep pulling out? If so, I'd go the repair route. If not, I've trimmed threads like that from my bags before and they are fine after. As long as the whole thing isn't unwinding.

My siggy Carly did the exact same thing in 2 places. I took it to my local boutique--they sent if off and I had it back in 3 weeks, fixed! It's definitely something they will fix.

I did not try to tug on it, I was afraid to touch it at all. I will check though cause worse case I can send it in if it pulls more.

If you tug the thread, does it keep pulling out? If so, I'd go the repair route. If not, I've trimmed threads like that from my bags before and they are fine after. As long as the whole thing isn't unwinding.

I don't know if I should try to trim this and use the fray check or just send it in. Thanks for the replies and suggestions. I appreciate it. I am very happy to hear that they will repair this and send it back. That might be what I do just to be sure it won't continue to eventually get worse.

Currently another issue that is happening with my plum leather Carly on the top strap but luckily it hasn't unwound (is that a word?) yet. I'm tempted to see her on ebay... I know, terrible. I'm just not in love anymore.