Help! Thoughts on Valentino Ballerina Flat

smacedo

Apr 14, 2013
Hello everyone, if there's already a thread started on this please redirect me. I did a search but couldn't find much.

I'm pregnant again for the second time in 2 years. With my last pregnancy my foot grew half a size. So I'm selling off all my beautiful Louboutins and other designer shoes that no longer fit or are just too high for me to wear. I'm a SAHM now and don't have any need currently for a lot of my shoes. With the proceeds I make from my shoes I've decided to reinvest in a whole new collection. I'm interested in beginning with Valentino rockstuds. I'm shopping the sales now and am committed to the caged flats, and the rockstud pumps. I've recently seen the Valentino Ballerina Flats and think they're kind cute! I'm all about a gorgeous ballet flat. Haven't seen too many photos or images on Pinterest of this shoe being worn. Please comment if you have any advice, opinions, or photos of these ballet shoes. I'd love to hear your thoughts!IMG_1483817394.326515.jpgIMG_1483817402.911699.jpg

Reactions: dotty8
Hi, I am new to the forum. I can't figure out how to post my own question so I'm sorry for asking on here....Do you all think the flat rockstuds are out of style? I have the original in patent leather nude and I'm considering selling them before they go out of style completely. Thoughts?
Thanks for your help.

Hi, I am new to the forum. I can't figure out how to post my own question so I'm sorry for asking on here....Do you all think the flat rockstuds are out of style? I have the original in patent leather nude and I'm considering selling them before they go out of style completely. Thoughts?
Thanks for your help.

You're talking about the caged flats right? Not the ballerina slippers. I actually just bought my first pair of the caged flats about a month ago in Rose Poudre. Basically a very pretty blush nude. These are my first pair of rockstuds. I really wanted them in heels but I'm on baby #2. I had my first son a little over a year ago so I thought I'd get more use out of the flats.

In my opinion they're still in style and on trend. My husband works at the Wynn in Las Vegas and he told me just today that he saw 4 women wearing rockstuds last night. I'm hoping to get another 4 pair in various colors and heel heights to add to my shoe collection. My suggestion is to go look up rockstuds on EBay. The resale value on new and used rockstuds is high. I'm hoping to score a pair at a good price off of eBay. But at the resale prices I'm seeing I would rather wait for the next shoe sale.

I think the rockstud is going to be a classic Valentino shoe, if it already isn't. The shoe shape and heel is a classic silhouette. The caged look with studs is trendy, but still highly desirable. I wouldn't sell them....unless you're not happy with them and they just don't do it for you anymore.

I think the rockstud is going to be a classic Valentino shoe, if it already isn't. The shoe shape and heel is a classic silhouette. The caged look with studs is trendy, but still highly desirable. I wouldn't sell them....unless you're not happy with them and they just don't do it for you anymore.
I agree with smacedo, Awetler. I do see them as more on the trendy side of classic, but it's still very strong. They could cool down in 5 years though?
I vote, if you like them, keep them and enjoy wearing them for a time longer. If you don't love them, sell them, and enjoy the high resell value.