HELP!! Thoughts on Lambskin Chevron Maxi

crystalrnc

I woke up like dis
O.G.
Mar 7, 2006
Hi, All!

I am this close to purchasing this Black Chevron Maxi Lambskin. I recently traveled, unsuccessfully, with my Jumbo, and realized that a Maxi would better suit me. No particular bag caught my eye, until I saw THIS! :graucho:

The Maxi isn't as large as many make it sound, but would give me the room for extra essentials that I can't currently carry with my jumbo (like my LV MM agenda). I currently have a 14b (?) taupe jumbo lambskin, that has held up relatively well, but I also don't carry it a lot (1-2x a month), and it still has a minor scuff on the corner.

My concern is will the Maxi size cause the bag to be a little more 'unwieldy' and therefore more prone to damage?

On the plus side, the very young SA's were quick to point out that the chevron design is 'younger' and even 'fly' lol. I have to to say, it is stunning!

Although I look a little round in this pic, I am a size 6, about 5'7 with heels. I think it looks ok on me?

Would love to hear your thoughts...TIA!

Attachments

• Saks_Cr.jpg
    Saks_Cr.jpg
    745.2 KB · Views: 435
Last edited:
Black lambskin would wear well due to dark color so it's hard to see dirt and minor scuffs. I spend quiet good time with my friend's Maxis and I have to say chevron maxi do look "fly" lol. I however prefer the one with black hw. Based on your pic I think it suits you. In my personal opinion Chevy pattern is unique.

Black lambskin would wear well due to dark color so it's hard to see dirt and minor scuffs. I spend quiet good time with my friend's Maxis and I have to say chevron maxi do look "fly" lol. I however prefer the one with black hw. Based on your pic I think it suits you. In my personal opinion Chevy pattern is unique.
Thanks, Zahara! The bag is gorgeous, although, if I saw the black on black, I would probably be very torn.

I think the Chevron is such a fantastic design. Very unique and elegant, yet in the Maxi size I think it will be very functional too.

I'm kind of a bling gal so I got a Jumbo in Black Patent. I love that handbag and I think you will be very happy with this Maxi!

Good luck deciding!

It looks awesome on you!! The chevron pattern looks nice and the size suits you well. I would caution you about this chevron lambskin, though, in terms of maintenance. There have been a lot of chevron bags (in all sizes) that have had bad wrinkles/creases even before usage - whether it's from improper shipping and/or the nature of this material and pattern (it seems more delicate than the classic quilted lambskin). I bought the black chevron rect mini with black hdw which arrived with very slight wrinkling. I've been stuffing it with extra tissue paper inside and the wrinkles have smoothed out. Some tpfer's have received bags with no issue but others have received bags with more wrinkling and deep creases. I'm a bit concerned that the wrinkling may happen with use over time but am ok with it because it's such a beautiful bag and it's in a smaller size. I would be even more concerned about the wrinkling issue on a bigger bag such as the maxi. Just thought it would be important info to have before making a major purchase. Good luck with your decision!!

It looks stunning on you but as mentioned above I would be a bit concerned about durability especially if you intend to use it regularly. A few posters who bought the chevron flap have not only reported wrinkles but also that the lambskin chevron is softer and more delicate than standard lambskin. It does look beautiful though and it suits you very well. Maxi size definitely works on you.

gorgeous bag!! it definitely stands out :smile:

i find lambskin to be too delicate so that though my lambskin chanel is one of my favorite bags, i don't use her often.

but..... if you love it, you should have it! :biggrin: