Help! the bag I bought from ebay is a FAKE

mangocara

Jul 29, 2007
I bought a Prada gaufre bag from ebay and when I received it, realised it was a fake. I had lodge a case with ebay and paypal. The seller had not refunded me when I demanded that I want my money back cos she sold me a fake Prada bag. Experts here, please help and guide me what should I do to get my money back.

Your post is a bit hard for me to understand. Did you file a complaint with eBay or Paypal? You can only do one - not both. Also, was the seller responsive? Did she/he agree to refund your money? If the seller refuses to issue you a refund, then file a claim with either Paypal or eBay and get your money back. Don't worry, it's a pretty simple process with strong bias toward the buyer, so you will get your money back.

Hi

Yes I filed a complaint with paypal, the case is opened. The seller refuse to refund me despite me telling her that the bag she sold me is fake.
This is my first time purchasing an item outside of my country and is at a lost of what to do. Even if the case is opened if the seller refuse to refund me, what should I do next? Would you be able to advise me. TIA.

Your post is a bit hard for me to understand. Did you file a complaint with eBay or Paypal? You can only do one - not both. Also, was the seller responsive? Did she/he agree to refund your money? If the seller refuses to issue you a refund, then file a claim with either Paypal or eBay and get your money back. Don't worry, it's a pretty simple process with strong bias toward the buyer, so you will get your money back.

Okay, so you opened a Paypal dispute and the seller has refused the refund, correct?

The next step should be to escalate the dispute to a claim. There should be an option under the Paypal "resolution center" where you and your seller have been communicating to "escalate." This means that Paypal will decide whether to refund you after you both present your cases.

However, in claims of fake/counterfeit items, Paypal usually requires some sort of verification that the item is indeed fake, like an outside authenticator that charges a fee. I'm not sure who authenticates Prada, but I'm sure you can read up on a source mentioned here on TPF, like Carol Diva.

Also, one note: Some tPF'ers have found that it is easier to claim that the bag is "not as described" for some other reason besides fake, like it was plastic instead of leather, etc. Is there anything different about the bag that you received and the bag in the description (materials, condition), other than the fact that it's fake? I know it's a silly question, but it saves some hassle and money in the authenication process.

Have you had the bag deemed fake here? If not, post the auction and photos in the Prada Autheticate This thread. After that, it's hurry up and wait for Pa#pal to come back to you with a decision or request more information. They may ask you for documentation showing that it is fake which can be obtained thru caroldiva. If pa#pal sides with you, the seller will have no choice but to accept a return for a full refund. If pa#pal sides with the seller, you could do a chargeback if you used a credit card.

reported. agree bulletproofsoul it is a vile post.
to the OP,escalate it to a claim and follow PP instructions re: how to return the bag to the seller. the usual precautions are to insure the parcel and ask for signature confirmation to cover yourself. good luck!

Last edited:
I had escalate the case to a claim. Do u mean I have to return the bag to the seller? Don't I have to wait for notice from paypal before I take any action? In the meanwhile, I had gather professional service to get the bag authenicated in paper.

reported. agree bulletproofsoul it is a vile post.
to the OP,escalate it to a claim and follow PP instructions re: how to return the bag to the seller. the usual precautions are to insure the parcel and ask for signature confirmation to cover yourself. good luck!

I had escalate the case to a claim. Do u mean I have to return the bag to the seller? Don't I have to wait for notice from paypal before I take any action? In the meanwhile, I had gather professional service to get the bag authenicated in paper.

Do not return the bag until you get instructions from Paypal. They will give you instructions throughout the claim process. If you have questions during the process, you can call Paypal also. They may also ask you to have the bag authenticated. However, sometimes they will not require it - I have read here on TPF where people have not been required to do so before returning the bag.

Just wait, and do whatever Paypal says to do.

ETA: OP, your kitty is adorable!!

Last edited:
Do not return the bag until you get instructions from Paypal. They will give you instructions throughout the claim process. If you have questions during the process, you can call Paypal also. They may also ask you to have the bag authenticated. However, sometimes they will not require it - I have read here on TPF where people have not been required to do so before returning the bag.

Just wait, and do whatever Paypal says to do.

ETA: OP, your kitty is adorable!!

Oh thanks... he's my beloved hehe :biggrin: my cat is turning 19 this year... now an old man.. the pic was taken few years back .

Thanks for the info, I will wait for instructions from paypal.

Good luck! Make sure to post here if you have any questions, too! Everyone's very helpful, and most of us have been through the claim process before :biggrin:

What breed is your kitty? He's beautiful with the stripes & the spots! My kitty is turning 7 this week, and I hope he gets to 19 because I :heart: him so much - my little alley cat (where I found him as a kitten)! lol

oopsies! my mistake, sometimes i am not as clear as i think i am...apologies
yes, you do have to wait for PP to tell you to send the bag back to the seller but do insure the bag, get a tracking number and signature confirmation so there can be nos m istake that the seller has received the bag.
and yes, your cat is beautiful! fingers crossed my two will get to have long life too!

Thanks Kells1983 and Pukasonqo. I just hope i get my money back. Now patiently waiting for the outcome of the claim.

I can see that we are all cat lovers... I'm not sure the breed of my cat. he's got short fur tho. I brought him home since he was a month old so I am really attached to him... now he's really old... can hardly walk sometimes.. so needs lots of love and care...