Help support me in my Coach ban...

tanukiki: You already know this, but you are absolutely making the right decision. It will seem tough now, but when you look back it will seem like nothing and you will feel so good to have made the sacrifice.

ranskimmie: Wow, that is one of the most touching stories I've heard in a long time. It is so hard to lose sight of the important things in life, and situations like that really teach us all a lesson.

I don't want to sound too fluffy and weird, but it is really refreshing to know that the ladies (and men) here DO have their lives and their priorities in order. We know what is important in the long run, and that is what means the most.

I've never used credit cards that I didn't pay off in full at month's end. It can seem like such an easy thing to pay by credit card at the time and then feel overwhelmed when the bill comes, and that isn't healthy financially for my family (or any family!). I have a dh and three small children and while I love Coach (and some other bags, too), I'd give them all up in a heartbeat for anything for my family and friends. All of you are inspirational.

Oh my goodness, I didnt even expect a response nor was I looking for one. Gosh you guys have really made me feel incredible. I love Carolyn dearly. She was my very best friend for years and her daughter is my daughters BF. She knew nothing of me selling my bags, if she did she would have never accepted the help......she was one tough cookie! As you all know Coach especially is something Im completely crazy about but after the loss of my mom, dad, and then my best friend one realizes there is nothing comparable to family and friends. I would sell my soul to get them back.
Thank you everyone:love::flowers:

Hang in there hun. I think each of us has been there. I sold every single bag I owned, LV, Chanel and almost all of my Coach to pay for my best friend 3rd round of chemo, surgery and hospital stays. She ultimately passed away Sept 6th. Those bags mean absolutely nothing to me but atleast I feel better that I did everything in my power to help her out. You will see how its all worth it when your DH comes out happy and healthy real soon. Best of luck and wishes to you and your DH.;)

:cry: You are incredible.. and an inspiration.. it would be incredible to have a friend like you. :yes:

Some information has come to light very recently in the wake of some problems with DH's health (hence the back surgery he's going in for) that have made me realize that I must put myself on an indefinite ban. I am going to return the medium tote and not get anything to replace it. While this feels like it will kill me (and I know it won't but you know what I mean) that I probably won't ever get my Black Ali or a large Bleeker flap in a nice neutral color :crybaby: it's got to be done.

I'm sorry to hear about your ban, but you're doing the right thing :tup: The "addiction" can be such a great release from stress, and I know it's hard to accept when that goes away... I'm pretty close myself right now. So lots of positive vibes for you during everything. And best of luck to your DH with his surgery. I hope all goes well & he recovers quickly. Hang in there :flowers:

Credit cards can become like potato chips...you can never have just one and then all that debt adds up before you know it.

I found out the hard way! When I started college I began getting credit card offers left & right (without a job!) and of course that's hard to pass up when you're 18, don't think about the future & want to SPEND lol... but now thankfully I'm debt free & ONLY buy with cash. It's hard, I'm about to hit a ban myself, but it's worth it knowing I won't screw myself over again :yes:

tanukiki: Hi! I am finding myself in a similar situation. My DH is having knee surgery next week. It's not too major but he has diabetes and I'm just really stressed out about the whole anesthesia---I'm sure it will be fine...:s

Best of luck to your DH, I'm sure everything will go fine! Hang in there :flowers:

While cleaning out my bag, I just remembered that I do have a decent Coach credit so I can hold onto that until I feel that I have to get something small or to put towards a bag when this is all behind us. :smile:

Excellent :yahoo:

Oh my goodness, I didnt even expect a response nor was I looking for one. Gosh you guys have really made me feel incredible. I love Carolyn dearly. She was my very best friend for years and her daughter is my daughters BF. She knew nothing of me selling my bags, if she did she would have never accepted the help......she was one tough cookie! As you all know Coach especially is something Im completely crazy about but after the loss of my mom, dad, and then my best friend one realizes there is nothing comparable to family and friends. I would sell my soul to get them back.
Thank you everyone:love::flowers:

I'm so sorry for the loss of your best friend & parents. I can't even imagine going through all that. What you did is nothing short of incredible :yes:

I feel like its good to be on a ban every so often... especially for such a worthy reason! I got caught up in such a flurry of buying that I just feel like waiting a long time before buying another bag will make me enjoy what I have.

And think how good it will feel to come off that ban and go into the coach store and get to come out with a bag! Sigh. Makes me think of the first time I bought a coach bag. Nothing beats that feeling.

tanukikki and candace, sending warm thoughts your way:flowers::heart:

It's nice to know that everyone on here doesn't/can't just spend carelessly; I think it makes the nice things we own mean that much more, kwim? I love to drool over some Coach and dream about new colors and styles, but when it comes down to it, I won't be able to buy 1/2 of what I would like to but that's okay b/c I really don't need all of the bags I want. The best thing about this forum is that you get to discuss and drool over each other's purchases and the new stuff that's coming out. My favorite threads are those where new bags have been discovered on the drilldown and we get to speculate about colors and when they will be out. I think that's why we all return so many bags b/c the thrill of the hunt was better than actually acquiring the bag. Anyway, sorry about the rambling...
Oh, ladies, please keep in mind though that it is important to have a credit card in your own name and to use it. That doesn't mean max it out but, rather, use it on a regular basis and PAY it off in full. This is very important so that you can establish credit.

Tanukiki I'm definitely supporting you in your ban. And I find myself in a similar boat today as my DH just found out yesterday that he's getting laid off for a few months. So I will be enjoying the new bags I got for Christmas and maybe after he's back to work I'll start looking for my new bag. Lucky for me I'm not that crazy about anything out right now so we can be ban buddies.
Good luck to your husband with his surgery. Good luck to you too because I know when my husband had knee surgery back in September everyone is thinking of him and wondering how he's doing. But do you think anyone asked about me, you know the one taking care of EVERYONE!! So if you ever need to talk feel free to pm me. I can sympathize with what you're going through!

I'm pretty new around here and as Ive been reading posts for the last couple of months I find that its very apparent that some of you ladies really do have great friendships/bonds together (that go way beyond coach). I think this is why I frequent here a lot more than other sub-forums. You ladies support and stand up for one another and I think that is so beautiful.

Tanukiki- I wish your husband a speedy recovery. I think you are making the best decision by deciding to focus on taking care of him solely. What a wonderful wife =)

Candace- I hope things work out with your in-laws. It truly would be a shame if your relationship with them was affected by this. And I dont think I said this to you before, so I will here. Thank you. I may not support the war but I do support our soldiers 110%. Thank you for your courage.

I think that's why we all return so many bags b/c the thrill of the hunt was better than actually acquiring the bag.

amen sister :yes: I am getting a lot better about this, but when I first started getting into Coach especially it was hard! There are SOOO many beautiful bags out there.. and Coach has a way of always having pce, bringing out new bags, and sending great finds to the outlets.. add that and ebay and an addiction to Coach and a girl could need Coach AA! :upsidedown:

Some information has come to light very recently in the wake of some problems with DH's health (hence the back surgery he's going in for) that have made me realize that I must put myself on an indefinite ban. I am going to return the medium tote and not get anything to replace it. While this feels like it will kill me (and I know it won't but you know what I mean) that I probably won't ever get my Black Ali or a large Bleeker flap in a nice neutral color :crybaby: it's got to be done. I will try to hang around here as long as it doesn't make me too sad. But I think I will feel good seeing everyone else's purchases and chatting with everyone until the day I can un-ban myself.:crybaby: I just hope they don't come out with too many cute pink things :crybaby:

I support your decision!!!
I am banning myself from spending period!!! I am on an anti-consumerism campaign myself for a greener, healthier EARTH and ME!

:tup::heart:

omg kimmie you have me tearing up over here......you are an amazing friend and I'm sure she was glad to have you.....so sorry for your losses, but they are all in a better place now.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your husband tanukiki!!

I found out the hard way! When I started college I began getting credit card offers left & right (without a job!) and of course that's hard to pass up when you're 18, don't think about the future & want to SPEND lol... but now thankfully I'm debt free & ONLY buy with cash. It's hard, I'm about to hit a ban myself, but it's worth it knowing I won't screw myself over again :yes:[/quote]
:yes::tup:

amen sister :yes: I am getting a lot better about this, but when I first started getting into Coach especially it was hard! There are SOOO many beautiful bags out there.. and Coach has a way of always having pce, bringing out new bags, and sending great finds to the outlets.. add that and ebay and an addiction to Coach and a girl could need Coach AA! :upsidedown:

i totally agree!! i went on that wild goose chase for my ali's and now I'm thinking about selling the white one for extra $$ to save for our europe trip!!!!

^^ And the beautiful new DRESS you're going to need for your trip!

Sorry to hear of your DH's health, Jenn. Hang in there and it will be worth it!! You can use your credit for a super cute charm to help you get through the ban!