Help - Suggestions for Gift Please

My first thought was a leather Carly or carryall of some sort. I'm sure you can find something perfect at an outlet too - I would just definitely stick with leather, for a more classic, timeless look.

JMHO, but I agree that leather may be the way to go, simply because people have such different tastes.

I know that some people don't care much for signature, and I personally am not a fan of the tattersal or heritage. Just not my thing! (Sorry fans of those lines! ;))

I think leather is a pretty safe way to go!

Thanks SO much everyone! I was thinking leather would be the more classic way to go... plus I might find a scarf (which she LOVES by the way) to tie on it depending on what I find!

I can't wait to go shopping now!!! (Well... that can be said ANY day of the week!):wlae:

if you could find the ali at an outlet i would get that..whiskey or black would really pretty.

the new ergo pleated satchel in navy patent and tan patent are also good choices.

My style is a little bit preppy. Your niece likes some of my favorite stores. I would suggest a leather carly and/or the heritage stripe tote or tattersall tote. I think that either one of those totes are pretty cute and can be used as an everyday bag. The style is fun and young. I think that a leather carly would be good for a job interview or for work.

Thanks everyone! I just returned from shopping... and it was SOOOO hard not to buy something for myself!!! It really was!!!:P

But I managed to get out with only a purse for my niece... in leather (tan) and I believe it's Soho or Carly (I've got to look again). It's not BIG, but it's not small either - sort of in between. It's really more suited to her taste IMO. I started to get her something a little larger, but they only had fabric choices - and I'm just not sure that she would like the logos. And after the advice I got from all of you - I felt the leather was a better choice.

I also got her a wallet (since the purse wasn't as expensive) and a simple keyring. I hope she likes it!

Thanks to all of you again for the WONDERFUL advice! I also met a lovely lady at the store who helped me and told me what days to come back and look for new things... she was super sweet!

That is so sweet of you.. I hope my relatives get me Coach!! I'm graduating this May and getting a watercolor tote (as a fun, summery bag) and a Madeline, which I think is SOO adorable and also more professional, since I won't be a college student anymore (except I am going to grad school... but I want to look professional there :smile: )

I think that the black of khaki signature C bags always look nice also. I am a medium-large purse kind of purse, have you noticed what size bags she has carried in the past? Your niece sounds like she dresses the same as I do (Abercrombie, Hollister, AE) and I am a bit more conservative/preppy. So hopefully these suggestions can be of some help!!