Help - Suggestions for Gift Please

turtleheadfred

Surfer Chick
Mar 6, 2008
Hi All! I'm wanting to buy a graduation gift for my niece who's graduating college in a week or two.

On my side of the family, it would be no big deal... everyone goes to college, gets Ph.Ds, etc. But this is my HUBBY'S side of the family! Other than my husband, she will be the ONLY one with a college degree - she did it in 4 years - and with honors - top 5 in her class!:woohoo:

We're very proud and I happened to think... what about buying her first Coach purse for her? She's 21 - tall, thin and blonde (yes, we would hate her if she weren't nice! :smile:) but conservative. She doesn't do "bling"! She's more the almost preppy type... American Eagle, Abercrombie, Anne Taylor type... nothing flashy.

So what style would you guys suggest? I have a few in mind...but I wanted some input from you all... you're the "experts" :yes:

Congratulations for your niece graduating in the top 5 of her class. That's awesome. What is your budget for a bag? (if you don't mind me asking). My suggestion for a bag to get her would either a Leather or Signature Carly.

I'll probably spend anywhere from 200-500, just depending on what I find. I'm really wanting suggestions more on the patten/type... does that make since?

Like signature, or stripes, etc. (Pictures help!) ;)

11648_d1.jpg

signature slim carly? http://www.coach.com/content/product.aspx?product_no=10496&category_id=889

A few suggestions:

Small bag:
Legacy Signature Top Handle Pouch $198 (also comes with black or platinum trim):

10r08l3.jpg

Larger bag:
Legacy Leigh Pocket Flap $658 (also comes in black, rose and walnut)

2aiggia.jpg

Medium bag:
Legacy Leather Shoulder Bag $448 (also comes in camel, black and many other colors ):

29xyycj.jpg

congratulations to your niece ! If she will be going into a carreer right away maybe something for the office ? I would go with something leather if she is more conservative, as Carly's have the big c's and not conservative at all in my opinion but that bag is really beautiful ! Maybe a large leather Carly. That way she could use it for the office and the leather is more classic.

Wow! You guys are GREAT! (The Tattersall looks like ME!!! may have to shop for myself too?) Bad aunt! Very BAD!:rolleyes:

But those are very helpful! Thank you all again! I knew I could count on you guys... you ALWAYS come through!:yahoo:

I would suggest a leather carly or an ergo. These are both great choices and can be dressed up or dressed down!

OR maybe a leather madeline? Madeline is a beautiful bag, but is more structured and more professional looking I think and might be good if she is going on a job interview!

I would suggest something in leather... she will be able to use it for SO many years to come and if she doesn't like "bling" then she might not like a signature pattern bag? Does she like color? Maybe the blue slim leather carly? I also agree that madelines look professional and ergos are SO wonderful!

Personally - I LOVE the Madeline's too! I just realized there's a Coach outlet not too far away (I could kick myself!) so I'm going there either tomorrow or the next day and see what they have.

You guys are the best! Thanks!

What a sweet aunt you are! I agree that leather would be a great way to go. The outlets have some lovely Hamptons carryalls generally that would be a nice choice - classy and can be dressed up for interviews or down with jeans.

Good luck and let us know what you pick!

How sweet, this will be a great gift! Congrats for your niece too! I would probably go with the leather too, but it may be harder to take care of than the sig patterns. Also if you're going to get a tattersall just worn her to be careful of color transfer