Help, Strange case selling a Herve Leger dress

tokki_x

Aug 20, 2012
I have not reached the point of panic, but do feel very very weird right now.
I sold a herve dress for $600 on the 18th, buyer paid, it was prez day so I shipped 19th, dress shown as "Notice left" on 21st <- This is the background.

Now today on the 24th, buyer messages me asking "what is the eta of the dress, my event was yesterday" and below are my concerns in a nice list:

1. Buyer initially asked to deal directly on paypal to avoid fees, I told her its not allowed but will gave her a $50 off from the original $650, she agreed. (From this I do not believe she's a beginner at online shopping at all, sorry for assumptions)

2. Buyer initially said she paid when item was not even shown as purchased, I had to relist the item a few times b/c I thought ebay had glitches, finally worked and received payment. I mailed the dress next day priority with insurance and sig confirm as required

3. It's my fault for not keeping an eye on it, I was way too busy. But after time and time again explaining to her according to tracking a notice was left, buyer remain oblivious to the following terms: Tracking, Notice, Signature confirmation. She only kept repeatedly ask me which address I sent it to, who was listed on the address, after I already sent her the whole thing pasted from order details and explaining it is not something I can change as it was printed off eBay.

4. I reply to all her messages within 1 minute, she replies at the shortest half an hour with one sentence. I would copy and paste our convo but my explaination to her would take pages here. After all that, my last message from her was "and what was the name on the address? my house staff did not receive or sign for anything."

5. I also find it strange she did not tell me when she purchased it that it was for saturday, which would not have been a problem anyways given it only took two day to get there, but I would have definately kept an eye on it more. And now she blames it missed the event, even though it arrived two days before but no one was home or something.

This buyer has 90+ feedbacks from ebay purchases, I would understand if she has 0 or 1.... from the sound of her messages she does spend alot of money on eBay too, maybe she (and her house staff) was just home to sign for all those packages but mine? Now the package is still "Notice left"

:rain:

If it states "notice left" through tracking, then it means she has to physically get up, and go to her nearest postal office to pick up the parcel.

I would call the postal service you used, give them the tracking number so they can give you the exact address of the office where the package is being held.

Then, what I would do is send the buyer a final message stating:
"Here is the full address I sent the dress to, this is provided by paypal at time of purchased and it is verified.

name
address

I've called [insert postal service name] to confirm all the details. Your current tracking shows that the mailman couldn't get ahold of anyone in the household at time of delivery, therefore has been held at _________ location since [time]."

Have you checked her feedback that she left for others by the way? It's a much more accurate look at what type of buyer she is, especially if she's been leaving a nut of neutrals and negatives. Sellers cannot leave buyers neg feedback of any kind, so despite the fact that she has received 100% positive fb doesn't mean she's a problem free buyer.

Edit: If she's already bringing up the fact that she missed her event (this was unbeknownst to you and not your problem) it sounds like she might want to argue for a refund. Make sure she ships the dress back to you before issuing the refund, and of course she pays for the return shipping.

Was this mailed to the US? If so the buyer can schedule redelivery at https://redelivery.usps.com/redelivery/ if they're too busy to go to the post office themselves (though if they have a "house staff" perhaps one of those folks could do it).

Find out the post office where the item is being held and its address. Send a message via eBay with all that info. ie, delivery was attempted on XX/XX, your package is being held at the post office at XaddressX. The delivery/signature confirmation number for the package was XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. You will need this to pick up the package or schedule redelivery (give them the URL above).

USPS had a very bad week last week. Add in the holiday and they are screwed up. My Priority Mail package shipped Tuesday going from PA to NV just got svanned out in NV this AM. I have a recall on it. Have to try the PO in the AM to remind them it was recalled.

Go to USPS.com

Find Locations > enter her zip code > go to "see more results" >

At this point, it'll list a whole bunch of post office locations in her area, many of which are retailers who sell stamps and accept mail.

Find one of the locations that is a real post office and click > call the phone number of the post office -- NOT the 1-800 number but the actual location.
Describe the situation, verify that the package is there and stress that there's a signature confirmation requirement that must be obtained when she picks up or if delivered. (When you give them her address, they might re-direct you to a different postal location that handles her area.)

You can even let her know you will call her main postal sorting facility located at (wherever) and you'll let her know what you find out.

Thanks everyone! later yesterday the buyer send a message saying "There's no way I'm gonna personally go get it from the post office" So I told her about scheduling a redelivery and gave her all websites and tracking info, then she messaged me saying "you do it for me". Sighhhhhhhh I don't think there would be anything weird now, but I hope I can finally talk some sense into her soon T-T the dress has been there for 4 days now, I'm afraid it will be sent back

If it states "notice left" through tracking, then it means she has to physically get up, and go to her nearest postal office to pick up the parcel.

I would call the postal service you used, give them the tracking number so they can give you the exact address of the office where the package is being held.

Then, what I would do is send the buyer a final message stating:
"Here is the full address I sent the dress to, this is provided by paypal at time of purchased and it is verified.

name
address

I've called [insert postal service name] to confirm all the details. Your current tracking shows that the mailman couldn't get ahold of anyone in the household at time of delivery, therefore has been held at _________ location since [time]."

Have you checked her feedback that she left for others by the way? It's a much more accurate look at what type of buyer she is, especially if she's been leaving a nut of neutrals and negatives. Sellers cannot leave buyers neg feedback of any kind, so despite the fact that she has received 100% positive fb doesn't mean she's a problem free buyer.

Edit: If she's already bringing up the fact that she missed her event (this was unbeknownst to you and not your problem) it sounds like she might want to argue for a refund. Make sure she ships the dress back to you before issuing the refund, and of course she pays for the return shipping.

Thanks, I did tell her about the redelivery, shes asking me to do it for her (but you need personal info..) I gave her every last detail and why she needs to put those info in herself, and she hasnt replied since. I'm just afraid it will be sent back since its been 4 days.

Thanks, I did tell her about the redelivery, shes asking me to do it for her (but you need personal info..) I gave her every last detail and why she needs to put those info in herself, and she hasnt replied since. I'm just afraid it will be sent back since its been 4 days.

If it is USPS you are using then I think it should be held for 15 days before the parcel is sent back to you.

What do you mean by missing personal info? Is it her phone number you're missing?
I'm assuming since I am checking out this form: https://redelivery.usps.com/redelivery/
If you really want to go above and beyond for her and the phone number is all you're missing, then you can retrieve it here: http://www.ebay.com/sch/ebayadvsearch?_sofindtype=9
OR if you really want to risk it, enter your own phone number... :/ make sure she confirms the perfect time for delivery, hopefully she won't forget it. LOL

>>A good faith dispute does not exist if you improperly claim that the seller has not fulfilled the transaction, if you claim you never received an item when in fact you did, if you refuse to accept shipment of the item (and eBay didn't end the listing), or if you claim the item was not as described but the seller can prove otherwise.
Source: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/buyer-protection.html

Since she has admitted through ebay messages that she does not intend to pick up the parcel waiting for her then she has technically voided her buyer protection.

If she gives you anymore trouble (opening a case) you can call ebay first thing in the morning and explain that the buyer is refusing to pick-up or rearrange delivery, Ebay staff will see this in your correspondence with the buyer and they might side with you.

Whew! She sounds like a nightmare!

Wow she sounds like a nightmare. I agree with BB, I think you should just get the package back and refund her. If she's too lazy to pick up the dress, or too lazy to have her "house staff" do it, then she doesn't need your dress. She may leave a negative feedback, but that sounds a lot better than any more pain in your rear from her. Respond to her neg by saying, "USPS left notice. Buyer never picked up item. Returned to sender. Refunded."

USPS had a very bad week last week. Add in the holiday and they are screwed up. My Priority Mail package shipped Tuesday going from PA to NV just got svanned out in NV this AM. I have a recall on it. Have to try the PO in the AM to remind them it was recalled.

surprisingly i almost never had any problems with USPS except for sometimes being a little slow, thank God for that :smile: hope you won't have anymore problems in the future!

Can you call her post office (in her zip code) and request to have it returned to sender?
I did consider, but I havent been selling very long and she already sound a little angry. poor feedbacks honey :rain: I think that's what I'm more afraid of than anything. After this, I am definately going to separate my buying and selling accounts. I do think its a good idea to call USPS and see what I can do, thanks!

If it is USPS you are using then I think it should be held for 15 days before the parcel is sent back to you.

What do you mean by missing personal info? Is it her phone number you're missing?
I'm assuming since I am checking out this form: https://redelivery.usps.com/redelivery/
If you really want to go above and beyond for her and the phone number is all you're missing, then you can retrieve it here: http://www.ebay.com/sch/ebayadvsearch?_sofindtype=9
OR if you really want to risk it, enter your own phone number... :/ make sure she confirms the perfect time for delivery, hopefully she won't forget it. LOL

>>A good faith dispute does not exist if you improperly claim that the seller has not fulfilled the transaction, if you claim you never received an item when in fact you did, if you refuse to accept shipment of the item (and eBay didn't end the listing), or if you claim the item was not as described but the seller can prove otherwise.
Source: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/buyer-protection.html

Since she has admitted through ebay messages that she does not intend to pick up the parcel waiting for her then she has technically voided her buyer protection.

If she gives you anymore trouble (opening a case) you can call ebay first thing in the morning and explain that the buyer is refusing to pick-up or rearrange delivery, Ebay staff will see this in your correspondence with the buyer and they might side with you.

Whew! She sounds like a nightmare!
O great! will brighten myself with these info now, thanks! eBay could be a scary place without knowing how to work around in it 0_0