HELP...stain on neverfull

mandyglick

LV Lover
Jan 2, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Can someone please tell me how to get a stain off my brand new vacetta handle on my NF. It was a drop of hand sanitizer. TIA ImageUploadedByPurseForum1403040412.193844.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

heart_bags

O.G.
Jan 29, 2010
Europe
Honestly, I don't think you can get it off. It will blend in, however, as the vacchetta develops its patina.
On a side note: as a doctor I'd advise you to get rid of the sanitizer. They are a big urban myth and don't do anything but ruin the leather on your bags :smile:

LVLoveaffair

Bagaholic
O.G.
Jul 16, 2009
Sunny Florida
I don't think you can get it off. It will definitely blend in over time though--my son dropped a huge glob of hand sanitizer on my brand new Mon Mono NF and it got all over the handle and tab :sad:
It's very faint now--you have to look for it. I feel your pain!! Use it and enjoy it :smile:

CornishMon

Be Blessed, MoNikki
Apr 30, 2014
You can try some non-alchohol baby wipes but you will need to wipe the whole handle for an even dry. Man I am sorry - know the feeling.

mandyglick

LV Lover
Jan 2, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Honestly, I don't think you can get it off. It will blend in, however, as the vacchetta develops its patina.
On a side note: as a doctor I'd advise you to get rid of the sanitizer. They are a big urban myth and don't do anything but ruin the leather on your bags :smile:

It was a bottle of sanitizer my mom had it her purse that opened up. She was driving and asked me to find the bottle that leaked in her bag and when I did a couple drops came flying out on to my bag. I told her that's the only thing that ruins LV and that sanitizer doesn't even work. If she only knew...grrrr. I hate how upset it made me. I guess it's because it's so new.

mandyglick

LV Lover
Jan 2, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
I don't think you can get it off. It will definitely blend in over time though--my son dropped a huge glob of hand sanitizer on my brand new Mon Mono NF and it got all over the handle and tab :sad:
It's very faint now--you have to look for it. I feel your pain!! Use it and enjoy it :smile:

Omg I would have cried. I don't have kids yet and my mom was laughing saying "wait until you have kids" lol. Guess I'll have to get over a stain here and there on my bags. Lol

Jul 3, 2006
Do not ever use hand sanitizers and carry any Louis Vuitton bag. They destroy both Vachetta, DE handles and degrade all other leather handles. Sorry this happened. And as a doctor's daughter and the mother of a doctor, the other poster is correct. Double blind studies have found them to be basically worthless. You are far better off with hand washing with soap and water.

Your patina should blend in time if the leather hasn't been too damaged or stripped by the caustic nature of the hand sanitizer. Crossing fingers for you!

Edit:
Oops! Sorry just read your later post that you were aware. I'm so sorry that happened! Hope it blends!

LitGeek

Mar 3, 2013
I am so sorry, I would be upset too! Have you tried gently using a Staedtler Mars white eraser like this one HERE?