Help.. speedy hardware issue !

S.m.h

O.G.
Feb 28, 2011
Hello everyone..
I've just purchased a speedy bandouliere 25 from LV Boutique today but I find that the hardware of the bag is scratched and dull ..also the lock and the keys are not shiny with gray spots.
Should I return it or it is normal?
٢٠١٨٠٨١١_٢١١٣٣٥.jpg ٢٠١٨٠٨١١_٢١١٣٥٥.jpg ٢٠١٨٠٨١١_٢١١٥٠٢.jpg

Last edited:
I am looking at my Speedy B25 purchased a few years ago and the hardware is still shiny. The lock and key that they provide with this bag is poor quality compared to my Alma PM and will tarnish and scratch very easily. I know this because I was very careful in carrying this bag and was shocked how easily it tarnished and scratched up. You will notice when you attach the strap to the hardware (on the side of the bag) that it will scratch up, no avoiding this. However, I do love this bag as it holds a ton. I would exchange it and pick the best one to take home.

Reactions: fally
That is not acceptable...take it back! I read the previous thread, but didn't find out how this would happen. I don't want to believe that LV would re-sell a used return like this!

Hello everyone..
I've just purchased a speedy bandouliere 25 from LV Boutique today but I find that the hardware of the bag is scratched and dull ..also the lock and the keys are not shiny with gray spots.
Should I return it or it is normal?
View attachment 4160518 View attachment 4160519 View attachment 4160520
Though the hardware will eventually be prone to this wear, there is absolutely no reason for a brand new bag to look like that. I would definitely get it exchanged.

Reactions: TXLVlove
I would go back and show the SA. Bring your receipt . They'll be able to find you in the system too, I'm sure. I would explain that you have noticed these scratches already and want to see about getting one that isn't so scratched.

Reactions: TXLVlove
When I purchased my DE speedy 25 the lock tarnished rather quickly. But it was shiny when I took it from the store. It does look like your bag was used, then returned. Hopefully there is another one you can swap out for this one. You are spending a lot of money so you should receive a brand new bag...not one that was returned and restocked!

Bought mine a week ago. Is this normal?
I'm wondering if they are using a different source for hardware. There shouldn't be tarnish spots after a week. That being said, it will tarnish and get scratched when you use the strap, or hang bag charms from your loops/handles. Its just the way it is. Every year I'll get out Brasso and polish up the hardware and zipper, the scratches minimize and the hardware is back to it's shiny state.

I’m having an issue with hardware too. I just bought this bag. Online. Everything is fine except the brass square hardware is crooked. As you can see. It doesn’t lay right. Should I wait and see if the Vachetta softens and it will adjust itself. Or return it. I’m new to the forum. This is my first message. I apologize.

Attachments

• 161CDAB6-1EF4-46B5-BA02-65590EEE216E.jpeg
    161CDAB6-1EF4-46B5-BA02-65590EEE216E.jpeg
    90.7 KB · Views: 33
  • AA549E23-6C4E-4ABB-963E-491AE9013946.jpeg
    AA549E23-6C4E-4ABB-963E-491AE9013946.jpeg
    183.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 5EA7B1E7-FAC6-464E-B45E-BFBD8DBB2988.jpeg
    5EA7B1E7-FAC6-464E-B45E-BFBD8DBB2988.jpeg
    135.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 8F4BFFD5-16CE-458E-AAE5-DB7DD0A6F815.jpeg
    8F4BFFD5-16CE-458E-AAE5-DB7DD0A6F815.jpeg