HELP.. Speedy 30 scuff and piping cracks :(

bonnebell

Mar 10, 2011
I've had this bag for about 3 months, and today, I noticed that there were strange white scuff marks near the bottom of the bag. I turned the bag to look at the other side and found cracks along the piping on the bottom corner! I ordered this bag from LV Banff, which has closed, and the nearest LV is a 2hr flight away :sad:. I don't know what I should do? How do I get rid of the scuffs? And what should I do about the cracks? :sad:
TIA!

Attachments

• scuff.jpg
    scuff.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 2,731
  • piping1.jpg
    piping1.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 2,671
  • piping2.jpg
    piping2.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 2,510
  • piping3.jpg
    piping3.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 2,436
Omg! im so sorry so see those pics. what had happened? Dont own an LV bag yet but planning to buy my first one. im thinking of getting a speedy but now, im thinking twice..

I'm actually not sure. I actually carry my bag around 3x during the week in a bigger bag, to protect it from rain and whatnot when I take the bus to work. I periodically look at my back, but when it was sitting at my desk, I saw the scuff and immediately checked the other side of the bag to find the cracking bottom corner :sad:

Omg...I'm so sorry! And your bag is only 3 months old!! You should definitely call the nearest boutique, and perhaps something could be done for you!! LV should really make this right for you!!

The white mark looks like paint or liquid paper, should be able to get it off with gentle rubbing with an eraser (I've had this before, the walls in Switerland are really rough!). The cracking looks like wear and tear, but NOT for a bag which is only 3 months old and gently used! More like the glazing is cracking. I would contact LV, maybe you can send them pictures and send your bag in?

Good luck, I know this must be upsetting!

Do you carry anything else in the larger bag that you place your speedy in? Maybe something is rubbing against it? Sometimes it can get damaged by accidental rubbing (walls for example.) I had a damier 30 and didn't really think to watch out for walls until I noticed the pipping were slightly rubbed. I ended up selling it, so I don't know how much it would be to replace. I just got the damier ebene in 35, so I am VERY careful with it due to my past experience. Good luck on finding the culprit and getting it fixed!

Most likely they are going to make you pay for it to be repaired. It's normal wear and tear and you didn't purchase the bag in that condition. I'd try calling before driving 2 hours unless you're ok with possibly having to pay for the repair. Good luck!

The damage on the piping is not cracks, rather it looks to be scrapes from rubbing against a hard surface. Same with the white marks although you might be able to remove them.

The above doesnt look like white marks to me. It looks as if the bag has been rubbing against something and the glazing is peeling off. Im sure LV will be able to fix this but there will be a fee.

Okay, I'll have to call the LV locations in Vancouver, since I'll be heading there in a few weeks. Hopefully I can do something about the cracks!! I hope it doesn't lead to any more cracks :sad:.. Is there any way to prevent it from cracking any further? Should I use the bag less?! :sad:

The white marks came off with a damp cloth. I was soo scared that maybe the glazing was coming off, like previously stated, but it was a removable mark. :happydance:

The same thing happened to my Trevi.... it's from bumping into walls, etc... the top coat of leather peels off on the piping after scraping against a wall or door jamb or shopping cart. The white mark on the canvas was from paint on a wall. That is removable with a pencil eraser, or like you said, a damp cloth if it was latex (water soluble) paint.

There isn't anything you can do to prevent the corner scuffs except for being more mindful of when you bump into things (cabinets, walls, door sills, etc).

bonnebell said:
Okay, I'll have to call the LV locations in Vancouver, since I'll be heading there in a few weeks. Hopefully I can do something about the cracks!! I hope it doesn't lead to any more cracks :sad:.. Is there any way to prevent it from cracking any further? Should I use the bag less?! :sad:

The white marks came off with a damp cloth. I was soo scared that maybe the glazing was coming off, like previously stated, but it was a removable mark. :happydance:

Hey, Did they do anything about your bag's piping? I have same issue with my bag it's just 3 months old too :sad: I will be taking it to store where I purchased that. What did you do to your bag?

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum