Help! Something wrong with NeoNoe Strap

Melu

Oct 13, 2012
Hey everyone

I've just received my NeoNoe on the post I've been waiting for weeks! It just got released in the UK and is already out of stock online. I believe I was even the first one in the waiting list!

I was gutted to find that the strap has an issue. The two parts don't align when the strap is bent and the reason appears to be that one part of the strap should be slightly longer than the other to sit comfortably on top when bent. Pics to follow:

I contacted LV customer services and they requested pictures. They said they might not be able to replace the strap on its own if it's indeed faulty but might need to replace the handbag as a whole. However, they could not guarantee a replacement as the style has been in high demand and it's a seasonal colour. I really don't think this is good enough as it is LV's fault and not mine!

I would appreciate any advice!!!! TIA :smile:

Reactions: iLuvBeauty
I
Hey everyone

I've just received my NeoNoe on the post I've been waiting for weeks! It just got released in the UK and is already out of stock online. I believe I was even the first one in the waiting list!

I was gutted to find that the strap has an issue. The two parts don't align when the strap is bent and the reason appears to be that one part of the strap should be slightly longer than the other to sit comfortably on top when bent. Pics to follow:

I contacted LV customer services and they requested pictures. They said they might not be able to replace the strap on its own if it's indeed faulty but might need to replace the handbag as a whole. However, they could not guarantee a replacement as the style has been in high demand and it's a seasonal colour. I really don't think this is good enough as it is LV's fault and not mine!

I would appreciate any advice!!!! TIA :smile:

It's normal that one is longer than the other when "flipped" i.e. picture you shown is correct - nothing wrong. When strap is turned over you can see they sit flush against each other, like the picture on the left side. I had the same thing with my neo noe. There is chat on that in the earlier neo noe thread. Hope that helps.

I

It's normal that one is longer than the other when "flipped" i.e. picture you shown is correct - nothing wrong. When strap is turned over you can see they sit flush against each other, like the picture on the left side. I had the same thing with my neo noe. There is chat on that in the earlier neo noe thread. Hope that helps.

It was DesigningStyle that first alerted the group to this. Not even the SAs are fully aware of this as this bag is so new.

Thanks for that, I don't know if it's clear from the photos but the only way they would align when bent is if one of the poppers is undone (bottom left picture). I've flipped the strap in both ways and it does not align correctly

Reactions: Carrie1986
Thanks for that, I don't know if it's clear from the photos but the only way they would align when bent is if one of the poppers is undone (bottom left picture). I've flipped the strap in both ways and it does not align correctly

Oh I see. Am afraid that If you have to undo it before it aligns then there is something wrong. I had exactly the same issue with my first neo noe and they had to replace the whole bag. I'm sorry that you have to go through it. I know it is very frustrating :sad: hope you can get your replacement soon.

Reactions: Carrie1986
Thanks very much for that, I could not find the chat you were referencing regarding the length of the strap though. Would you be able to send a link please? Thanks again :smile:

Thanks very much for that, I could not find the chat you were referencing regarding the length of the strap though. Would you be able to send a link please? Thanks again :smile:

Sorry am not very good navigating the copy link thingy... but it's the thread titled "monogram neo noe" see page 19 by "DesigningStyle" and today's posts. Others have flagged the same issue as you re the strap.

Mine is the same way - even when I flipped it, it doesn't align perfectly. It doesn't bother me much, though. I actually probably wouldn't have even noticed had I not seen the post in the other thread.

Thanks very much for your help ladies, much appreciated. I'm now waiting for Customer Services to reply to my email with the photos

Mine is the same way - even when I flipped it, it doesn't align perfectly. It doesn't bother me much, though. I actually probably wouldn't have even noticed had I not seen the post in the other thread.

Thanks merc_g it actually does not bulk much when you have it on and looks like it would soften with use anyway. I'm quite scared of returning if they cannot guarantee a replacement... Do you think I should keep it anyway? How do you experience yours not aligning perfectly? Thanks again :smile:

Thanks very much for your help ladies, much appreciated. I'm now waiting for Customer Services to reply to my email with the photos

Thanks merc_g it actually does not bulk much when you have it on and looks like it would soften with use anyway. I'm quite scared of returning if they cannot guarantee a replacement... Do you think I should keep it anyway? How do you experience yours not aligning perfectly? Thanks again :smile:
The replacement strap will be most likely the same length. It seems from what I gather that this is the way the strap is designed.

The replacement strap will be most likely the same length. It seems from what I gather that this is the way the strap is designed.
That's my fear, but apparently one of the sides of the straps should be indeed longer to sit aligned. I'm not sure if this is a defect or what to be fair!

Hopefully this helps (found this with mine as it looked quite wonky similar to OP's bottom right photo)...there is wording embossed on the top of the strap. Make sure that you can see that. Initially, mine was not showing the wording, and as others have stated, I had to "flip" that part so that I could see the wording. Once I did that, it looked like the strap in OP's bottom left photo (difference being that my snaps are snapped).