Help!!! Someone gave me a negative feedback!!!

purple1

Dec 22, 2007
OK, I have been a member of ebay since 2002! I have 80 transactions and I recently sold a very old Gucci Bag. I described this bag as a salvage bag. The starting price was $22.00 because the bag was not in great condition. I mentioned all these in my post also I took pictures of all the pen marks and tears of this bag. I don't think the bag has even received by the buyer and the person already left me a negative feedback, bringing my feedback from 100% to 90%. It just seems unfair in that this buyer has only 7 transactions and is able to ruin my feeeback. All he left was "need some work". I don't get it. I take feedback seriously and my ebay account seriously. In my post I allow myself 2 days from payment to ship the bag and that is what I did. I sent this person an email asking why he gave me a negative feedback. Is there anything else I can do? :confused1::sad:

this is my post for the bag...i'm soo sad! this makes me not want to buy or sell in ebay at all....

xxx
members are not allowed to spot their auctions or eBay IDs here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I see you described it as very well worn and seen better days and this maniac bought it for $37.00 and he is COMPLAINING and left a neg?!?!! Unbelievable. I think you can appeal to ebay since you did point out all the things that were wrong. It is worth a try to try to have that neg removed. Sorry this happened to you but this is the way ebay is going - no more cleaning out closets and selling used stuff.

You definitely described the bag as worn and supplied enough close up, detailed photos.

I don't know if you can do anything, but it wouldn't hurt to call ebay and have them look at your auction and the feedback that your buyer left. The feedback was not equal to the sale. It's not like the buyer has a complaint about not as described, slow shipment or a fake bag.

Good luck!

Thanks for all the response!!!

I did send him and email asking him why he left the negative feedback? I willl try to ask if he can re-send another feedback hopefully a positive one! I'm just soo sad right now. I feel like I tried my best to describe the bag as best as I could and wasn't trying to pull one on anyone. It just seems unfair... :cry:

I will try to contact ebay to see if they can do anything.

Thanks for all the response!!!

I did send him and email asking him why he left the negative feedback? I willl try to ask if he can re-send another feedback hopefully a positive one! I'm just soo sad right now. I feel like I tried my best to describe the bag as best as I could and wasn't trying to pull one on anyone. It just seems unfair... :cry:

I will try to contact ebay to see if they can do anything.
There is an ebay feedback form that you as a seller can send the buyer asking them to please change the FB? (Go to site map and search for it.) Be nice and explain to him that it WAS described as worn and used, and that a neg is really hurting your FB, maybe he will reconsider. In the meantime I would still call ebay and see if they will remove it since you did describe it as used and worn and showed plenty of pictures .

Thanks mmmsc! I will try to contact seller and be very carfeul with what I say. I will also contact ebay.

pjrufus, I would definitely add to block bidders list.

Thanks for everyones help and support. I feel better.

I don't think Ebay will remove it if you file an appeal because the buyer didn't break any rules with the feedback left, Ebay will tell you it's just their opinion and they are entitled to leave it.

However, I agree it was a crappy thing to do and I'd respond to his feedback with a comment of your own (do a search 'respond to feedback left'), as professional and as polite as possible defending yourself. For instance, 'bag condition clearly stated in auction, wish buyer would have concated me' or something to that effect.

Linda