Help! Soft Lockit - Regrets?

K.H.LVoe

Handbag Heaven
Sep 21, 2012
Dear ladies and gents,

first of all, sorry I went MIA all of a sudden for such a long time. :shame: I've had to deal with some unexpected issues and it has really drained me of energy.

Anyway, I had a poll up a while back about which bag to choose and I ended up ordering the Soft Lockit. It has arrived and I have to decide tomorrow whether to bring it home or not.

The biggest issues that I'm questioning are size and weight. Based on the info online, it's bigger than NF GM! I have NF GM in DE and almost never use it - it's just way too big to be practical for me as an everyday bag.

I don't want the SL to be another regret so I would really appreciate it if you could share your experiences with it. Have any of you passed up on the SL because of the size or weight or if you have the SL have you regretted buying it for any reason? Have you had any problems or issues with it? TIA

My Soft Lockits are some of my favorite handbags. IMHO they're not too big or heavy at all. They hold everything I need with room to spare. It's a very luxurious handbag IMO. The interior and exterior are of the finest materials.

They come in a great range of colors too. You can go bright (think Framboise) or Noir or Galet for that go to handbag for every occasion.

Then there's the shoulder strap option for that unexpected shopping trip after work. I don't use it often, but I'm glad it's there.

I also love that the Silver Lock attaches to the side of the handbag. It's a wonderful decoration - but subtle too. This handbag doesn't scream LV. Very understated.

Good luck deciding! I really hope you keep it. :smile:

Thank you, Tulip. :smile: It really is such a beautiful design. It's very encouraging that you haven't experienced any downsides to the SL.

My Soft Lockits are some of my favorite handbags. IMHO they're not too big or heavy at all. They hold everything I need with room to spare. It's a very luxurious handbag IMO. The interior and exterior are of the finest materials.

They come in a great range of colors too. You can go bright (think Framboise) or Noir or Galet for that go to handbag for every occasion.

Then there's the shoulder strap option for that unexpected shopping trip after work. I don't use it often, but I'm glad it's there.

I also love that the Silver Lock attaches to the side of the handbag. It's a wonderful decoration - but subtle too. This handbag doesn't scream LV. Very understated.

Good luck deciding! I really hope you keep it. :smile:

I haven't got mine yet but I saw the black one in the boutique. I was shocked that it wasn't bigger. My initial thought was that it was comparable to the sully mm in size. I almost had doubts! The measurements can be very deceiving because there is no way I would have compared it to NF GM.

I haven't got mine yet but I saw the black one in the boutique. I was shocked that it wasn't bigger. My initial thought was that it was comparable to the sully mm in size. I almost had doubts! The measurements can be very deceiving because there is no way I would have compared it to NF GM.

Thank you so much, kimetra! This is giving me hope that it won't be too large after all. :smile:

Go with your gut...

Thanks, I will. Whatever I end up getting, I'll do a reveal when I get back home.

I also saw it yesterday at the boutique and was surprised by the size, I pictured it being much larger. It was also pretty lightweight and of course absolutely gorgeous! GLD!

it's definitely not the size of a neverfull GM.

go check it out and see if your heart is in it--if you have to convince yourself, then don't do it! $4,400 is a lot of money!

It is in no way the size of a GM Neverfull, almost MM.

I've attached some size reference photos for you to see. The bag is right around the MM size, which I find to be a good size to have. Keep in mind, the depth of the bag is not that thick! I had Vuitton give me their pillow stuffing so I could keep the bag from collapsing while in storage. When you carry the bag, it is much slimmer than what the picture depicts.

I hope this helps with your decision. It really is a great bag to own!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1409621016.612861.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1409621022.502564.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1409621034.163386.jpg

Reactions: BUIGOVA
I also have a Soft Lockit in the Magnolia. The reason I bought it over the Capucines was because of the weight. The Soft Lockit is lighter and the overall style suits me. It is also very low key. If you are having doubts, then don't do it. I agree with Jon85, $4,400 is a lot of money.

I saw it in the boutique and lifted it up, it was "heavy". Remember, it's leather inside and out. Maybe I just did not do my arm/shoulder weights that week, hehe. But, it was beautiful and understated. I just can't justify the price right now. I will definitely check the BB later.