HELP: SO ostrich leather?

Mar 9, 2008
Which bags can be SOd in ostrich leather? The 2008 catalogue says, that it's only the Lockit, the Lockit pochette and a few accessories!
But I read about a Speedy, too!

Plus, does anyone have the raisin color? I can't find a picture of it - except for the small one in the catalogue.
Is it more like purple or more like brown?

TIA!

Which bags can be SOd in ostrich leather? The 2008 catalogue says, that it's only the Lockit, the Lockit pochette and a few accessories!

Plus, does anyone have the raisin color? I can't find a picture of it - except for the small one in the catalogue.

TIA!

What kind of accessories can be special ordered? And what kind of colours does LV offer?

I have a rouge vif ostrich speedy. It is gorgeous and the ostrich markings are perfect. It is super lightweight. I saw it in a camel color at LV trunk show and hesitated, then my SA called and said they had the rouge vif in France and it was sent to me. If you have a chance to get one, do!! It is worth every cent!!!

The ostrich colors are seasonal (depends if they have enough leather supply) so I think it would be best if you inquired your SA about it.

Thank you for your answer!

I've already told my SA than I am interested in a raisin Lockit Clutch or Lockit. She told me that I could order one - but if I do it I have to be sure that I want it because they can't take it back...
That's why I wanted to have a look at this raisin color first - just to see if I really like and want this color!

Good to hear, that the colors are seasonal.
But I'm a little bit confused right now, because I have the latest LV catalogue (the 2008). That means it shows the product which were available in 2008. But which ostrich colors are there for 2009? :confused1:

I have a rouge vif ostrich speedy. It is gorgeous and the ostrich markings are perfect. It is super lightweight. I saw it in a camel color at LV trunk show and hesitated, then my SA called and said they had the rouge vif in France and it was sent to me. If you have a chance to get one, do!! It is worth every cent!!!

What does "vif" mean?

Could you post a picture of your Speedy?

I've already told my SA than I am interested in a raisin Lockit Clutch or Lockit. She told me that I could order one - but if I do it I have to be sure that I want it because they can't take it back...
That's why I wanted to have a look at this raisin color first - just to see if I really like and want this color!

You should ask your SA if it is possible to see colour/leather swatches before you order the bag. If Hermes has a swatch book, I see no reason why LV should not have one too.
In case LV Germany does not have one (unlikely), ask your SA to get at least pictures of the colours. You're special ordering a bag, so LV should do everything to make you sure of your choice. Insist on it.

They should have some of the leathers available to be seen in person. When I was last at 5th Avenue they had a BUNCH of exotic goods in many skins and I saw PLENTY of colors...

Now they can take it back but you lose your 50% deposit on the special order and they will most likely finish making the product and then sell it EVENTUALLY and make even more $

TIA!

I just saw the LV raisin ostrich and it clearly looks more brown than purple. I was shocked to find out the color was called "raisin" because I think of the Hermes color "raisin" which is clearly in the purple family. But this appears to be a deep brown, with purple, rather than red, undertones.

It is gorgeous!