Help - so kelly!!!!

USCGRL6

O.G.
Sep 30, 2008
Hello Purse Forum members,
I have searched the threads for any information regarding the SO Kelly. I have not had any luck:sad:
Can anyone point me in the right direction so I can gather information and personal experience with the SO Kelly?
What are the pros and cons with the SO Kelly?
Between the two sizes (22cm and 26cm) what size do you like best and why?
I am considering a SO Kelly in Ciel Togo leather with PHW and possibly one in Raisin Togo Leather with PHW.
I already own both Birkin and Kelly handbags and thought I would switch it up a little in my collection.
Any and all information and suggestions are greatly appreciated:biggrin:

^^^Did you look at the "Lindy, Kelly Flap, Kelly SO . . ." thread in "styles" of the reference section? There are several SO's shown there.

Also, I just bought one a couple of weeks ago (a 26 cm) in ebene Evergrain and love it. My thread is still up if you haven't seen it. Look for "SO Not a Birkin - a Reveal."

Let me know if I can answer any specific questions.

I got a black togo 26 cm with PHW a few weeks ago and absolutely love the bag. It is just the right size and shape and I have gotten many, many compliments...even from my Gucci/LV carrying friends who often think Hermes is too conservative.

hi,

I have the So kelly in etoupe colour in size 26.
I like the shape of the 26 more than the 22
The bag is tall and difficult to get things out of the bag, but
I use a bagpurse for it. Now i can find my stuff easier. :biggrin:

I have the 26cm but I think I would prefer the 22cm. Seems like the 26 is bottomless. I keep my handbag very organized and it just seems like everything sinks to the bottom of the 26 since it is so tall.

I've a SO Kelly in 22cm. It's a bag that I grab when I feel that a Birkin is too flashy or when a Kelly is too lady-like. A time when I want to have my hands free but think my Evelyne is too casual. (There you go ... a H bag for different occasions ... who says we only need ONE bag .... am I enabling you enough? :winkiss:)

I think the 22cm is a good size. I agree with PennyD. A 26cm is too deep. As it is, I have to dig in to retrieve my things in my 22cm. And the opening is kind of narrow, so it's dark inside! Some times, when I am indoors, I have to loosen the straps and open up the top to let more light in! I was told by a SA just when the SO Kelly first came out, that the 26cm is targeted at the male clientele.

Thank you lilyhermes, webaj, jjanais, PennyD2911 and mrssparkles.

I am going to visit my local Hermes boutique tomorrow to play with the SO Kelly again in the 22cm and 26cm size.

I am 5'5" tall, weigh 125 pounds and wear a USA size 4. My SA thought the 22cm was a better porportion for me. I feel like the 22cm is a little too small and the 26cm is a little too large. I am looking at the SO Kelly in Ciel and Raisin. I tried a 26cm in Ciel Togo that looked like too much bag and a 22cm in Raisin Togo that looked like not enough bag - UGH!!!!

I am also a little concerned that a few SO Kelly owners have said that after using their bags, their SO Kellys in Togo leather can't stand on their own anymore. A few have said that the part near the base doesn't hold the bag straight anymore. I would not like this as I prefer a little more structure to my handbags.

Any thoughts????

Thank you:biggrin:

Thank you lilyhermes, webaj, jjanais, PennyD2911 and mrssparkles.

I am going to visit my local Hermes boutique tomorrow to play with the SO Kelly again in the 22cm and 26cm size.

I am 5'5" tall, weigh 125 pounds and wear a USA size 4. My SA thought the 22cm was a better porportion for me. I feel like the 22cm is a little too small and the 26cm is a little too large. I am looking at the SO Kelly in Ciel and Raisin. I tried a 26cm in Ciel Togo that looked like too much bag and a 22cm in Raisin Togo that looked like not enough bag - UGH!!!!

I am also a little concerned that a few SO Kelly owners have said that after using their bags, their SO Kellys in Togo leather can't stand on their own anymore. A few have said that the part near the base doesn't hold the bag straight anymore. I would not like this as I prefer a little more structure to my handbags.

Any thoughts????

Thank you:biggrin:

The SO Kelly does not come with feet. I've not thought of the SO Kelly as being designed to sit tall on its own. That would be a misplaced expectation, IMHO. I always leave it lying flat on its back.

If you really want structure over design, then perhaps you may enjoy a 35cm Kelly, and use it with its strap.

^^^agreed. Mine doesn't stand on its own. I just hook it on a chair or whatever. I use mine alot as MrsS does -- it's a great grab and go bag that is dressier than my evelyne. I have a 26 in indigo and love it.

I have 26cm though I'm only 5'3"! It is a little deep but I don't mind; the room is just right for my large cameleon purse organizer. If you prefer a structure bag, why not try Lindy ?? Its uniqueness is a total different species from H !

Mine does stand perfectly on it's own, but it's only a few weeks old. Usually, I simply hang it over the back of a chair, though, to keep it off the floor and out of the way.

I have the 26 cm and don't feel that it's too deep at all, nor have I had a problem retrieving anything from it and think it's a lot easier than getting in and out of my Birkin or Kelly!. I keep small items like my cell and agenda in the pockets, which are close to the top of the bag, and since all the larger accessories are bright colored, I haven't had a problem with the "dark hole" effect.

I am about 5'8" though and thought that the 22cm was just a bit too small for me, but for someone 5'4", it would most likely be perfectly proportional. (Do have to admit that I like the looks of the 26 cm better, though, which is a good thing as that's the one I bought!)

Thank you mrssparkles, lulilu, annelovepuggy and lilyhermes.

I went to my local Hermes boutique today and played with the two sizes in the SO Kelly. I have decided that I LOVE the 26cm in Raisin Togo with PHW. The 22cm size looks a little too small on me in the darker color. I tried the 26cm in Ciel Togo again but it did not capture my heart the way the Raisin did.

I think the 26cm in Raisin Togo with PHW will be coming home with me in the next few days:yahoo:

Thank you all Purse Forum members who gave input and suggestions to help me make my final decision.