Help - silica gel and suede

I recently purchased a silica gel pack where the moisture/water pools down at the bottom like this and it broke!! The bottom of my two RL suede bags and the fringes of another leather bag were soaked and since I didn't immediately notice it, they're sort of in between wet and stiff.

Has this happened to anyone? Can anyone share any tips? I'm planning on sunning them a bit to see if it will help dry it off, but I don't know if that would do more harm.

• Sad
Reactions: A bottle of Red
Is the product something like Damp-Rid, which is a gel that absorbs water until it fills up and becomes liquid-like?

If yes, as scary as this sounds you should towel dry off the gel, and an oily residue will remain. This sort of gel is attracted to water so you will have to rinse the area on your bags where this gel residue remains with water. You can only remove this residue with water.
You may like to contact the manufacturer of this gel product to get their advice.
After you remove it let your bags dry, and if they show water stains you can try taking them to a leather cleaner or dry cleaner that cleans leather jackets, as they may be able to help.

Good Luck!

Reactions: americandreaming