Help! Should I use this for everyday?

jacyh

O.G.
Nov 4, 2007
Hi!
So here's the story, I received a Birkin from my mom about two years ago. It's been sitting in my closet for, yes, two years. :wtf:
She got it in Ginza. The tag says "SAC A MAIN BIRKIN 30 VEAU SWIFT BOUBLURE CHEVRE ARGENTE PAL ROSY", and that sounds as foreign to me as the Japanese texts on the tag. :wondering:
Anyway, can I use this as an everyday bag? Or should I be super careful with it? I touched the leather and freaked out cause it felt like just a small fingernail scratch would ruin it, that's why it's been in the closet for two years. :faint: I just take it out once in a while to stare at it :girlsigh: gosh, I'm embarrassing :-s

Well, I have no experience with Swift leather, but I think it is quite a delicate leather so I'd say don't use it every day, but that's just my idea - I guess you'd better wait for the experts to chime in. Anyway, your bag is a 30cm Birkin in Swift leather with Chevre (goatskin) interior, palladium hardware and in the color Rosy. Sounds lovely :yes:

img0564400x536shkl.jpg

Last edited:
dear if it's been sitting in your closet for 2 years and you just opened it once to stare at it, it's such a waste. Your mother bought it for you to enjoy.. At the end of the day a bag is only a bag, with the expensive price tags you should use it as often as possible.. Start off easy by taking it to a dinner or a movie and slowly use it more frequently.. Hermes will do a good job repairing any damages in the future,.. Hope this help :smile:

Use it! Just take your normal, good care of it, as you would for any handbag. Keep it dry and don't put it on the floor, for example.
A bag is wasted if you don't use it, and perpetual storage is not good for the leather. It was meant to be outside and exposed to the air.
Please take your bag out today and show it off.

That bag is gorgeous! You should try taking it out once and rapidly, you'll get used to wearing it...Would be a pity not to use it, even if it's expensive, we only live once (well, I think so??) It is definitely a rare gift and you are very lucky to have one in your closet. Please take it out on a walk...

Don't worry too much, I have a swift Birkin, it is quite frequently used and in 2 years so far there is hardly any problems. Light mark at the handle but not noticeable. Don't waste your bag by hiding it away.

Use it! Swift is a hardier leather than you think. :yes: I have a BeBop in swift that I've been using over a year as a pen case in my bag, and it rubs up against hardware of my wallet, etc. and it still looks absolutely fine!

I would use that bag. Don't be afraid of it. It's a beauty. The leather, swift, is very soft, but not so soft that you should keep it in a closet. It was built to be used. Your mom was very kind and generous to give you such a gift. So as a mom, who wishes she had a daughter or a daughter-in-law, please go out and enjoy that lovely bag.

I would use that bag. Don't be afraid of it. It's a beauty. The leather, swift, is very soft, but not so soft that you should keep it in a closet. It was built to be used. Your mom was very kind and generous to give you such a gift. So as a mom, who wishes she had a daughter or a daughter-in-law, please go out and enjoy that lovely bag.

:tup::tup: I concur...

Hi!
So here's the story, I received a Birkin from my mom about two years ago. It's been sitting in my closet for, yes, two years. :wtf:
She got it in Ginza. The tag says "SAC A MAIN BIRKIN 30 VEAU SWIFT BOUBLURE CHEVRE ARGENTE PAL ROSY", and that sounds as foreign to me as the Japanese texts on the tag. :wondering:
Anyway, can I use this as an everyday bag? Or should I be super careful with it? I touched the leather and freaked out cause it felt like just a small fingernail scratch would ruin it, that's why it's been in the closet for two years. :faint: I just take it out once in a while to stare at it :girlsigh: gosh, I'm embarrassing :-s

I remembered you bought a Birkin or Kelly in HK, 2008. If I'm not mistaken it's a pink ostrich for HKD90K. Have you been using that? :smile:

Yes, you should definitely use it. Your mom is totally awesome!! I will have to say that I do baby my Swift bag more, only because it's a beige color and I use Twillys on the handle to protect it. Anyhow, Rosy is a gorgeous color and of course, you should take her out of the closet. If it helps any, it may be easier to bring her out little by little and not before long, you'll be very comfortable with it soon.