Help!!!Should I take the gator Kelly wallet?

vickeening

Aug 8, 2013
Hi PFers, really need your help whether I should go for a gator Kelly wallet.

Yesterday I went to Hermes store and I saw a gator Kelly wallet (shiny, Orange, SHW) was displayed. The wallet totally caught my attention. I really wanted to buy it at that time; while I needed to increase the card limit on bank working days so I told my SA that I would buy it on Monday and asked her to reserve it for me.

My husband was supportive for my bag shopping and he just bought me a birkin and a lindy last December. I told him my decision while surprisely he was not that happy about it because he did not see why the wallet worths 10K Euro. He told me that if I like Croc/Gator leather, I should go for a bag instead of a wallet, even a gator bag costs much more. In his opinion, wallet does not worth that much of money.

He tried to convince me letting the wallet go and offered me to order a Croc/Gator bag (with buget of 30K euro). While I already told SA that I would buy it and I hate breaking my word; in addition, I still like the wallet.

If you were me, what would you do? Please help here...Thx...

I vote get the wallet. It seems your heart is set on it. Then, in a few months or next year your gift to self can be a croc bag to go with the wallet!! Makes perfect sense to me. [emoji6] Good Luck!

Tough decision. I understand you don't want to break your word with your SA but I agree with your husband. I would chose exotic bag over wallet. If you don't have limited funds, go for it.

If you are going to use it a lot, and not only as a wallet but also as a clutch, then go get it! If you are only going to use it as a wallet, I would suggest to pass on it. Wait for a croc/gator bag like your hubby suggested. (Aww, he is so sweet to suggest you to get an exotic bag instead!)

I once came across a Kelly flag wallet with croc and box leather combo, which cost around 10k USD. It was very stunning, and I really REALLY wanted to get it. However, after playing with it for a while and considering how often I would use it, I passed on it. My sa had no problem with me not getting it. So, I believe your sa would probably understand as well.

Your relationship with your DH is much more important than with your SA. It seems like he's an understanding and supportive DH, so I think you should respect his opinion this time. Finances and big purchases should be made in agreement.