Help: Should I return this Key Pouch?

naiyuuu

Jul 4, 2020
Hi everyone,

I ordered a key pouch off of the LV website and finally received it today!
I was really hoping for a made in France Key Pouch after reading and watching so many reviews on the Key Pouch.
But, I received a made in USA one.
Overall quality isn't bad at all except there is a very strong chemical smell and a small crease on one side of the canvas.
(not sure if the crease and the smell will disappear after some usage?)

Posting some pictures below, and would appreciate some opinions on whether I should keep or return?

image1.jpeg

Inkedimage4_LI.jpg

image3.jpeg

image2.jpeg

I haven't personally seen the key pouch IRL, but to me, I think the last clasp on the chain looks a bit off? I feel like it's supposed to actually close all the way, but yours looks like its a bit open (but please correct me if this is how it's supposed to be).

If I were in your shoes, I would probably exchange it for another one or return if that's all you can do at the moment due to a lack of availability mostly because of the chain. Even if you could push the clasp together, I feel like that's not your job for quality control/make sure that your product will maintain itself over time and should have been checked by LV.

Reactions: naiyuuu
I haven't personally seen the key pouch IRL, but to me, I think the last clasp on the chain looks a bit off? I feel like it's supposed to actually close all the way, but yours looks like its a bit open (but please correct me if this is how it's supposed to be).

If I were in your shoes, I would probably exchange it for another one or return if that's all you can do at the moment due to a lack of availability mostly because of the chain. Even if you could push the clasp together, I feel like that's not your job for quality control/make sure that your product will maintain itself over time and should have been checked by LV.

I was wondering the same thing about the open clasp. Not sure if it's suppose to be this way but I'm definitely leaning towards exchanging for a different one :/

Thank you! - Appreciate your input!!!! :smile:

Reactions: LilPochette
I was wondering the same thing about the open clasp. Not sure if it's suppose to be this way but I'm definitely leaning towards exchanging for a different one :/

Thank you! - Appreciate your input!!!! :smile:
I just looked at a few pictures/videos of the key pouch and it looks like it's supposed to be closed/not ajar! On the bright side, I've seen a TON of key pouch restocks, so even if they don't have it available i'm sure you'll easily get your hands on another one (and maybe one that's made in France ;) )

Reactions: naiyuuu
I just looked at a few pictures/videos of the key pouch and it looks like it's supposed to be closed/not ajar! On the bright side, I've seen a TON of key pouch restocks, so even if they don't have it available i'm sure you'll easily get your hands on another one (and maybe one that's made in France ;) )

You are so right! I just looked at pictures as well and it does look like it’s suppose to be closed all the way.
I’ll see if I can exchange it in store. If not, I’ll go stalk to website again :smile: they do seem to restock everyday now days! Hope I’ll get lucky with made in France hehe!

Reactions: LilPochette
I would exchange or return. There’s too many issues to overlook with the one you got. I recently bought the key pouch in Damier Graphite off the website and returned for having a pretty long and deep crease on one side. I’ve seen others with the crease too. I wonder how that happens...

Hi everyone! I just received a key pouch via UPS today. It has a crease in the front. I tried to capture it in the photos below. Otherwise, everything seems fine. Is this ok or would you guys exchange??
CF8CA529-D8DC-4EB1-AC12-ACE6DBC87D2C.jpeg64CE5C1B-B2BE-4166-BC3D-52DAF4D22630.jpeg

Hi everyone! I just received a key pouch via UPS today. It has a crease in the front. I tried to capture it in the photos below. Otherwise, everything seems fine. Is this ok or would you guys exchange??
View attachment 4843916View attachment 4843917

My Key Pouch had the same crease!! I ended up returning mine mainly due to the chain gap.
After returning the first one , I managed to get another one and this time no crease on canvas!
I've seen some people say the crease eventually do go away as you use it... if it bothers you a lot, then i think you should try to exchange it and get the perfect one!

Reactions: Lucia.elena
If the only thing bothering you is a crease, I would keep it as that will go away. There are a lot more troubling issues that have come up with LV items than a crease that goes away :smile:

I know this is an old post but just wondering if you ended up keeping it? I recently bought a DE key pouch and it has the same crease. MIU item but well made other than the crease. I'm leaning toward keeping it because some people say it goes away with use.