Help! Should I return/exchange my Azur Speedy?

frannita

O.G.
Jul 30, 2006
I just got it today from elux, I haven't even shared photos with you ladies yet and now I'm having second thoughts!!! :crybaby: I'm a little scared that it'll get dirty fast, the vachetta ruined, etc.. Hubby thinks I should exchange it for the regular damier cause it's less maintenance, he's especially worried about the stitching showing dirt since it's white... I will spray it with Wilson's but will it be enough? I don't know what to do!:cry:

Help! :sos:

Gosh . . I don't know what to say! It's a very pretty bag. I like the Damier Speedy too though. I think the best thing is to look at which one makes your heart beat a little faster and makes you happy! I wouldn't look at the Azure one as one I could carry every day like the Damier, but it sure is cute.

Ok, this could be the initial panicking-and-worrying-and-babying-bag stage which I am unfortunately still going through even after 5 months.

I'd say, go with what you really want. If you feel that you can love your Azur and use it in good health, then keep it. If not, then exchange it. If it were me, I'd prefer the regular Damier since it's what I like better in the first place. If it's bothering you seriously, like you spend most of your waking hours thinking about it, I'd suggest that you exchange it. The regular Damier is more gorgeous IMO.

It's completely up to you. If you love it and you think you will regret sending it back, keep it. If you think you won't be happy with it cause you won't be able to use it or you might get it dirty, exchange it.

Thanks for your advice everyone:shame:

charleston mom - the very reason I bought it was I think it's very pretty and fresh.. now I think it's too pretty so I have to take care of it more :P When I see it I smile.. I think I'm in love! Haha!

Shopaholic Isis - I do think that is what I have, I'm always like that with my new purchases! I do feel I could be more worry-free with the regular damier :yes:

kathyrose - I do feel that I might regret it if I return it, especially with it being hard to get one these days...I think I'll just sleep on it and wait for my dreams to tell me what to do.. lol!

shalomjude - that's a good point! With it being part of the permanent collection, I can always buy it again later on! :yes:

Oh well, I'll probably go to the store on the weekend to see the damier and compare...

It's very pretty bag. I am planning getting it for Chritmas. I am sure I need to baby it more than my regular damier but oh well..it's so pretty and worth my worry..

I was also worried about it getting dirty but it's so pretty which is weird because I was never a fan of regular damier. I guess I do baby my azur speedy more, but haven't had any problems with getting it dirty yet. I'd say keep it but if you're not feeling it now maybe you should get damier and then wait to see if you miss the azur, since it'll be around you can always get it later.

Oh No, I completely understand and share your feelings, but I think that bag is gonna look even sweeter and better when the patina has started to happen. Keep it, Use it and Love it!!

I have had my azur saleya for 2.5 weeks now, and I am not thaat delicate w/ bags. It still looks brand new. I don't think the canvas is any more apt to get dirty than the white MC would... The vachetta on the other hand, well, you could use that Shining Monkey stuff, I haven't b/c I am looking forward to a good patina. I don't take it out in the rain.

Watch, now that I have said this, it's going to get a big black scuff mark and I am going to get caught in a thunderstorm.