Help! Should I get the Compact Curieuse if I have the Emp Cles?

I have Eva so the Emp Cles would serve as a wallet in that bag. I think I will buy the Compact Curieuse wallet. I want the St. Germain PM and it would fit nicely in it. Plus my Pomme Sarah is 8 years old now (my MC Sarah is 3 years old but I only use it with my pink bags!) so it's time for something new!

Happy for you, img! :smile: Yes, time for something new, useful and beautiful. :hugs:

Sharing photo of both slgs in case it helps OP :smile:

I saw the wallet IRL yesterday and the bill compartment was pretty deep. Is this ever an issue for you? I don't carry that much cash but wondered if the deep pocket would be difficult to access? The same was true for the French Purse. I also looked at the Compact Zippy which I wasn't considering before. I wish that one came in Emp!

I saw the wallet IRL yesterday and the bill compartment was pretty deep. Is this ever an issue for you? I don't carry that much cash but wondered if the deep pocket would be difficult to access? The same was true for the French Purse. I also looked at the Compact Zippy which I wasn't considering before. I wish that one came in Emp!

Not an issue for me as the leather is supple and the bill compartment opens wide. I can easily get what I need. I've read that others here find the deep compartment more secure when they carry a lot of cash and don't want to flash how much they have when they open their wallet.

Go with the wallet you find easy to use. :smile:

Well with the cles you have to fold your bill so it might look over stuff along with your credit card. A compact wallet might work better for you.

Sent from my SM-N910T using PurseForum mobile app

I bought the emp pouch first and then when i decided to sell my wallet, i purchased the compact curieuse a month later. For me its more of what i take with me?! I use the emp pouch all the time bc it has my debit, cc, id, sb card in the pocket and any receipts or cash if any. In the zipper i keep my 2 work key passes as i don't take them out often. If im running an errand during my lunch break i just grab the pouch and go. I used the zcp like that for 2 years the same way, so now I take it out on the weekends to alt, this past weekend i used the de key cles.

The wallet however I keep in my bag to hold any extra cc, i keep checks in the billfold area. and theres plenty of room in the zipper and front pocket. thats pretty much how ive always used my wallets. I know most people take their wallet everywhere but it stays in my bag almost to organize/separate anything i 'may' need. Kinda strange i know lol i just like my most used stuff separate and i feel like its less obvious than grabbing my actual wallet just to run to the store without a bag. If im going out to dinner on the wknd i can always just take one or the other depending the bag.

I bought the emp pouch first and then when i decided to sell my wallet, i purchased the compact curieuse a month later. For me its more of what i take with me?! I use the emp pouch all the time bc it has my debit, cc, id, sb card in the pocket and any receipts or cash if any. In the zipper i keep my 2 work key passes as i don't take them out often. If im running an errand during my lunch break i just grab the pouch and go. I used the zcp like that for 2 years the same way, so now I take it out on the weekends to alt, this past weekend i used the de key cles.

The wallet however I keep in my bag to hold any extra cc, i keep checks in the billfold area. and theres plenty of room in the zipper and front pocket. thats pretty much how ive always used my wallets. I know most people take their wallet everywhere but it stays in my bag almost to organize/separate anything i 'may' need. Kinda strange i know lol i just like my most used stuff separate and i feel like its less obvious than grabbing my actual wallet just to run to the store without a bag. If im going out to dinner on the wknd i can always just take one or the other depending the bag.

This is EXACTLY what I will do. I just want something where I can "store" things. I am keeping my license, debit card, and cc in my Cles. I am now deciding between the Compact Curieuse and the Zippy Compact wallet. Not sure which one to get!!

This is EXACTLY what I will do. I just want something where I can "store" things. I am keeping my license, debit card, and cc in my Cles. I am now deciding between the Compact Curieuse and the Zippy Compact wallet. Not sure which one to get!!

Oh cool, so im not weird lol! I almost said store and then changed my wording haha. Well i guess it depends on how many cc slots you will need. I can't remember the # of cc slots of the newer ver zcw but i did like the older fully open style, I was just zeroed in on getting another emp pc and it wasn't even on my radar. i previously had the zw and it was too big over time, i had less cc and didn't need the space. Now i see all these cute smaller wallets, i think it was the victorine? with the zipper and 2 pockets in back. There are soo many, but i know id never need multiple wallets. Possibly key cles, as those can be switched out more often. :roflmfao:

Last edited:
Oh cool, so im not weird lol! I almost said store and then changed my wording haha. Well i guess it depends on how many cc slots you will need. I can't remember the # of cc slots of the newer ver zcw but i did like the older fully open style, I was just zeroed in on getting another emp pc and it wasn't even on my radar. i previously had the zw and it was too big, over time i have less cc and didn't need the space. Now i see all these cute smaller wallets, i think it was the victorine? with the zipper and 2 pockets in back. There are soo many, but i know id never need multiple wallets. Possibly key cles, as those can be switched out more often. :roflmfao:

I only need 4 slots so I can pretty much carry any wallet. I like carrying 1-2 checks and sometimes I have receipts or prescriptions. I thought zippy compact would keep all of those things handy whereas Compact Curieuse doesn't seem to have as much room? Is that front pocket tight or loose? Do you find the bill area too deep?

I only need 4 slots so I can pretty much carry any wallet. I like carrying 1-2 checks and sometimes I have receipts or prescriptions. I thought zippy compact would keep all of those things handy whereas Compact Curieuse doesn't seem to have as much room? Is that front pocket tight or loose? Do you find the bill area too deep?

Oh so you have plenty of options. The bill area is quite deep but if im carrying cash it will be in my key pouch bc i dont carry much, most would be 4 -5 bills. If i were to go to dinner and combine everything into just the wallet for the night the bills wouldn't bother me, id even put cc in there. The front pocket is loose I have my sephora rouge card in there, you could also fit cc in the zipper area if you dont use coins.. When i was trying to decide, i browsed many pages of the wallet thread on here. So you can see all the different wallets and how people use them

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton-clubhouse/the-wallet-club-80223.html

I bought the CCurieuse first and then caved in for the Cles. I'm using the Cles more. Downsizing is exhilarating! Suddenly I felt I don't need lots of things in my wallet. Cles has been my daily wallet as I only need ID, credit cards and cash.

CC is a lovely compact and yet the cash pocket is a little too deep. I wish the coin compartment is on the outer side instead. Overall it is still a nice wallet compared to my Zippy, that's big and bulky.

I bought the CCurieuse first and then caved in for the Cles. I'm using the Cles more. Downsizing is exhilarating! Suddenly I felt I don't need lots of things in my wallet. Cles has been my daily wallet as I only need ID, credit cards and cash.

CC is a lovely compact and yet the cash pocket is a little too deep. I wish the coin compartment is on the outer side instead. Overall it is still a nice wallet compared to my Zippy, that's big and bulky.

Have you seen the new zippy compact wallet? I'm now deciding between that one in mono and the compact Curieuse in Noir. I need to decide in two weeks! I keep going back and forth on these two!