• Get it right now

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • You should pass

Votes: 33 80.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VertColSwift

Jul 5, 2017
I would appreciate some H enthusiasts’s opinion. I came across a Kelly Lakis 35 in Swift, color seems Chocolat, I am tempted to get it, but not 100% sure as I usually am. I already have some Kelly bags, but I tend to love the Birkin more. My favorite leather is Swift with no doubts , but I am not really into brown bags, in fact, I’m selling my Chocolat Fjord Hac 32, the appearance of the color on fjord and the handles of hac made me not want it anymore and used it only few times. The price for this Lakis is fantastic (about 4800usd) but if I don’t use it, and want to sell, would 2ndhandshops pay at least what I paid, since it’s a bigger bag? Also, the condition is incredible, many people says it’s extremely rare.. is it really rare or people just don’t like it? I don’t know if I shouldn’t get because if I am thinking too much it’s just not meant to be, or if I actually should not even be thinking about not getting, please help

Attachments

• C5C5340C-8FA0-4B4A-8A96-622E70486AD1.jpeg
    C5C5340C-8FA0-4B4A-8A96-622E70486AD1.jpeg
    141.7 KB · Views: 68
  • F5456D60-B40E-4171-8B9E-509870AC5C9A.jpeg
    F5456D60-B40E-4171-8B9E-509870AC5C9A.jpeg
    292.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 57690E93-7259-4FD7-9A39-F7F84AB18990.jpeg
    57690E93-7259-4FD7-9A39-F7F84AB18990.jpeg
    275.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 5F8D9237-0197-4A44-A7F9-5159CF8719E7.jpeg
    5F8D9237-0197-4A44-A7F9-5159CF8719E7.jpeg
    172.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 37FD9175-1F6B-49D6-9CC5-A5506B889FCF.png
    37FD9175-1F6B-49D6-9CC5-A5506B889FCF.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 52
  • F3FCE400-5E84-45CE-A7C4-36B651180839.jpeg
    F3FCE400-5E84-45CE-A7C4-36B651180839.jpeg
    159.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 05863968-01AA-4E7C-907C-1EFA4AD81AE7.jpeg
    05863968-01AA-4E7C-907C-1EFA4AD81AE7.jpeg
    112.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 81BAF182-4555-46E8-BB64-EA0E216A5D01.jpeg
    81BAF182-4555-46E8-BB64-EA0E216A5D01.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 42
Yes they are rare and the price seems very good. IMO it’s one of those designs where there are a group of people who would love to own one but doesn’t impress others. But really for me none of that is relevant; all I need to decide on passing is not loving it 100%. 4800 may indeed be a good price but that’s still 4800. I won’t spend that on a bag in a color I don’t love.

HTH, good luck

ETA: also I’m automatically wary of any price that seems like a “really good deal”

Last edited:
Yes they are rare and the price seems very good. IMO it’s one of those designs where there are a group of people who would love to own one but doesn’t impress others. But really for me none of that is relevant; all I need to decide on passing is not loving it 100%. 4800 may indeed be a good price but that’s still 4800. I won’t spend that on a bag in a color I don’t love.

HTH, good luck

ETA: also I’m automatically wary of any price that seems like a “really good deal”
It’s hard because I love the leather, size and rarity. I just don’t love the color, but I like it. This seller is trustworthy and it’s 100% real, it’s just.. I don’t feel extremely sure about it

I’d be a bit concerned at the price as these rare bags are priced considerably higher. If you have reservations at all about the color then don’t buy it. Good luck ❤️

Reactions: VertColSwift
I’d be a bit concerned at the price as these rare bags are priced considerably higher. If you have reservations at all about the color then don’t buy it. Good luck ❤
Yes, I would be also if it wasn’t being sold by a trustworthy seller and if I buy, Bababebi would be verifying, also in the country I live, second hand shops are extremely great, because people wouldn’t actually pay more than this in this bag, rare are the people who are h knowledgeable enough to know this is a rare piece. I like the color but I don’t love, the price Is awesome, same can be said about condition..

if you trusting the seller all 100% than just get it, i think it definitely worth it :smile:
It’s a great combination, and I don’t think I should love it extremely much right? I mean.. for this price

Agree with momoc and Rouge H. Pass if you don't love the color.

The right Lakis for you should be in the leather, color and hw combo that you love. Don't settle on either. HTH :heart:
But the fact is that I wouldn’t buy a Lakis in higher price, or keep looking for colors and stuff, it’s just something I think that for the price, it’s crazy not to buy.. I am even more confused now

Your heart should sing to you every time you look at it or think about it..
Buy it because you LOVE it.. price becomes the secondary factor because if you are not drawn to
the bag it doesn't really matter what you paid ..
You should always put money even if it is a little more into something you LOVE, that's JMO...
It should matter what you think,, for people in the know that you don't know, do you think it matters
for more than a nano second... just think about this for a minute or two for your own benefit
A good buy is a good buy, but if you don't love it what's the point??

I would appreciate some H enthusiasts’s opinion. I came across a Kelly Lakis 35 in Swift, color seems Chocolat, I am tempted to get it, but not 100% sure as I usually am. I already have some Kelly bags, but I tend to love the Birkin more. My favorite leather is Swift with no doubts , but I am not really into brown bags, in fact, I’m selling my Chocolat Fjord Hac 32, the appearance of the color on fjord and the handles of hac made me not want it anymore and used it only few times. The price for this Lakis is fantastic (about 4800usd) but if I don’t use it, and want to sell, would 2ndhandshops pay at least what I paid, since it’s a bigger bag? Also, the condition is incredible, many people says it’s extremely rare.. is it really rare or people just don’t like it? I don’t know if I shouldn’t get because if I am thinking too much it’s just not meant to be, or if I actually should not even be thinking about not getting, please help
Does the purse make you happy and make you smile? Doubt means don't until you truly know how you'd like to proceed with this thing. Good luck!

It is rare but I wouldn’t buy it just because of that. Buy it only if it’s something that you’ve dreamt of for a while and can’t quite get out of your head. Personally, I’d pass just because the designer (Lakis Gavalas) strikes me as a silly person and I wouldn’t want something with his name associated with it.

Your heart should sing to you every time you look at it or think about it..
Buy it because you LOVE it.. price becomes the secondary factor because if you are not drawn to
the bag it doesn't really matter what you paid ..
You should always put money even if it is a little more into something you LOVE, that's JMO...
It should matter what you think,, for people in the know that you don't know, do you think it matters
for more than a nano second... just think about this for a minute or two for your own benefit
A good buy is a good buy, but if you don't love it what's the point??
Yes yes yes, I really appreciate it
Thank you :heart:

Does the purse make you happy and make you smile? Doubt means don't until you truly know how you'd like to proceed with this thing. Good luck!
THIS! I thought of opening new thread about if there is a moment when you are just satisfied with your bag collection, and you don’t really seem to be extremely happy about any other bag, because you don’t really feel there is any other model, color, size that you “NEED” to have. I feel like this.. I really really really want to buy new Birkin or Kelly, but every time I start thinking about any, it just doesn’t makes me want it like I used to feel, all my bags were like - Lord! This bag is mine, I need to have it, like nothing matters...
I don’t know if I can explain in words those feelings, I am sorry if not being clear
I am just not getting excited about any bag, any, it’s frustrating

Reactions: 880
It is rare but I wouldn’t buy it just because of that. Buy it only if it’s something that you’ve dreamt of for a while and can’t quite get out of your head. Personally, I’d pass just because the designer (Lakis Gavalas) strikes me as a silly person and I wouldn’t want something with his name associated with it.
From what I already read about him, he seems to be not a nice person and snobbish, but who knows, maybe it’s just a character he created

From what I already read about him, he seems to be not a nice person and snobbish, but who knows, maybe it’s just a character he created

That’s just it. I don’t mean to cast aspersion on someone I don’t know but I do find his public persona to be repugnant. I like to connect with the stories and histories behind the objects I buy, so the designer is a negative on this particular item to me.