Help! Should I buy this Mini Square flap?

yebinkimm

Nov 25, 2019
As Chanel prices have increased significantly, I have been looking for my first Chanel handbag from consignment stores. I stumbled upon this brand new series 23 square mini flap in the blue crackled calfskin selling for €2100.

I really want a black lambskin square or rectangular mini flap. But I am now torn on whether I should settle for this color and leather considering it is so much cheaper than the current retail price (€3350).
34F38813-5019-4FB8-B6F7-CC0F04271B8F.jpeg

What are your thoughts? Do you think this is wearable enough for day to day? And do you think it would be easy to sell in the future when I have the funds for a classic flap? Thank you so much for taking the time.

This is only my opinion on this
Girl, this is too fashion. You need a complete look for this bag; a dress and shoes to match.
If you really like this material and you think you love it enough that you can make it work for a long time then go for it. But maybe you realize it’s just a phase that it reminds you of something and the feeling will go away and it becomes a fad.
To be safe for a good investment, just get a classic lambskin one or caviar in black or your signature color

I love this bag but from experience I can tell you that it doesn't matter how big the difference on the pricetags is, this is not your dream bag. If you don't love the look of this bag, this is a far cry from the classic flap. Also this is very much the opposite from a neutral classic.

If we are a tad alike, then you will forget about the money you "saved". You still want your dream bag. And there is a huge chance that you will not wear this bag because the colour doesn't suit you. Buy the bag if you love the bag, do not buy it as a substitute because other than the brand and the shape, these bags are not alike.

Been on the same boat, just save money and get the bag you want the most. I have been purchasing a lot of other bag that were never on my wishlist because of the great deal. With the money I spent I can actually get 2-3Chanel bags that’s currently on my bag wishlist!

Hard pass. I’d rather get the one you really like.
Thank you, appreciate it.

This is only my opinion on this
Girl, this is too fashion. You need a complete look for this bag; a dress and shoes to match.
If you really like this material and you think you love it enough that you can make it work for a long time then go for it. But maybe you realize it’s just a phase that it reminds you of something and the feeling will go away and it becomes a fad.
To be safe for a good investment, just get a classic lambskin one or caviar in black or your signature color
You’re right. It might be too “fashion” for me. It may take too much effort considering I dress very casually. Thank you for this.

I would not settle due to the how good the price is. I suggest getting the lambskin or caviar that you initially wanted in the first place.
Right. Thank you for this.

I think you have panic purchase goggles on. I'd hold off for the bag you really want.
I know! I wasn’t too eager on getting any Chanel soon but when I got wind of the price increase, I sort of panicked and tried finding a bag to buy at the old price.

I love this bag but from experience I can tell you that it doesn't matter how big the difference on the pricetags is, this is not your dream bag. If you don't love the look of this bag, this is a far cry from the classic flap. Also this is very much the opposite from a neutral classic.

If we are a tad alike, then you will forget about the money you "saved". You still want your dream bag. And there is a huge chance that you will not wear this bag because the colour doesn't suit you. Buy the bag if you love the bag, do not buy it as a substitute because other than the brand and the shape, these bags are not alike.
Yes, thank you. I realize that it is a totally different look from what I really like. Might be wasting money because I settled for something more affordable and accessible.

Been on the same boat, just save money and get the bag you want the most. I have been purchasing a lot of other bag that were never on my wishlist because of the great deal. With the money I spent I can actually get 2-3Chanel bags that’s currently on my bag wishlist!
You’re right. I may be spending more that I should’ve if I waited for something I really want. Thank you.

There's many on my local version of an online marketplace. Some of which also has secure payment via the platform. If you're willing to try, the only thing you should note is probably no free returns.