HELP!!!Should i buy a Chanel Jumbo Flap or living room furniture and TV??re

For the love of gawd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Furniture hands down...I am definitely out numbered here lol...I am all for buying more bags but bags are a luxury and yes a frivalous expense...there is nothing like new updated furniture...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy better investment...everytime you walk into the new room you will get a great sense of accomplishment and renewal...just MHO...but I think I'm alot older than you and in a different place in life..but your decision has to be based on what will bring you greater joy...also furniture will not get cheaper..and Chanel bags can keep increasing in price but they won't be worth it..the quality isn't the same as it used to be...good luck with your decision!

ITA. Furniture is a quality of life purchase. It's used every day, and it has a daily impact on your life. As for the TV, for a long time I resisted getting a flat panel TV, because I felt that it was wasteful to buy new when my old tube TVs were still working. Once I bought my first flat panel, I realized how wrong I was. I replaced all the TVs in my house the week after I got my first flat panel. Watching TV on a tube TV (if that's what you have) is night and day different from a flat panel.

I have many beautiful bags, including Chanel, so I understand the fever. That said, having a comfortable home gives me more daily enjoyment than any bag I own. Also, having a savings reserve before you buy anything at all will give you a safe, wonderful feeling. I think of bags, watches, and clothes as the icing on the wonderful cake of consumerism. :lol:

I thought I was the only one!!! I definitely agree with you! Home/surroundings way more important than a new bag. :smile:

Me three! I never really cared about the furniture and home decor when I was younger and living in apartment, but now I own a house and it totally changed. I'd rather have nice furniture and decor than multiple bags, and nice furniture last a long time. I also think as much as I love Chanel, their quality got so bad to the point where I really don't even check out the collection anymore....

But if you don't own any Chanel classic bags and you are young/living in a temporary housing (i.e. parents house/renting), then it may not be a bad idea to get 1 Chanel Bag now before the price becomes $7000 or so in near future :sad:

This thread is scaring me....!!!! A handbag over a nice home? ACK!!! I'm actually very surprised over some of the responses here...Addicista you hit the nail on the head...I am very proud to show off my home.....carrying around Chanel is the icing on the cake for me..people 'get it' when your ducks are in a row...less likely to throw stones...

Hard choice, but when it comes down to it, I'll probably choose furniture and TV. As a wife and a mother I'll probably feel less guilty buying a purse knowing that Im prioritizing their convenience and comfort and when that's done, they can leave me alone with my shopping and Chanel addiction. Lol! Well that's MHO.

For the love of gawd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Furniture hands down...I am definitely out numbered here lol...

I thought I was the only one!!! I definitely agree with you! Home/surroundings way more important than a new bag. :smile:

I would say get the essentials first....the flap can wait :smile:

I will also choose furnitures over a Chanel bag. The satisfaction on seeing and enjoying the new furnitures in your own home is much more comfortable than just a small bag imo. It is definitely some achievement you made there.

I brought an entire new bedroom set, put up a new fence, redo the landscape and renovated some other parts of my house 2 months ago. It is definitely worth it. Can't describe that good feeling and i'm totally enjoying all these. I only brought the bags (right before the increase) after i made all these necessaries according to my need.

Anyway, whatever you decide, make sure you won't regret it.

I wouldn't compare what others here have. I would hope that anyone who is buying a Chanel is in the advantage of doing so. The money should never be an issue as buying a bag is nothing close to a necessity, rather a want that is a luxury but a very pricey one. I would say that if you have to ask; I wouldn't be thinking about a bag, buy the furniture which in my opinion sounds like you need. I never look at what others are doing nor do I try and keep up with how many bags they purchase. My bank account does the talking and if I can't pay cash I don't buy my bags. I hope you take this to heart as it's meant to let you know that many people here aren't able to purchase these very pricey pieces of luxury. Do what's best for your situation, not what other posters do or say. KWIM:heart::heart::heart::heart:

For the love of gawd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Furniture hands down...I am definitely out numbered here lol...I am all for buying more bags but bags are a luxury and yes a frivalous expense...there is nothing like new updated furniture...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy better investment...everytime you walk into the new room you will get a great sense of accomplishment and renewal...just MHO...but I think I'm alot older than you and in a different place in life..but your decision has to be based on what will bring you greater joy...also furniture will not get cheaper..and Chanel bags can keep increasing in price but they won't be worth it..the quality isn't the same as it used to be...good luck with your decision!

Agreed about the TV and furniture.

I'm glad the more I read, it seems like I'm not really alone here. :smile: I don't know much about other but I put a nice house where I can lie down comfortably first. It's the place where I can crash after the long hard day at work. Bag, although is nice to have/to hold, isn't as much stress-reducer.

If you only have the fund to do one thing between your home and the bag, go with the home. You will be happier after the long day at work and then you can dream of a new bag while saving for one.

I wouldn't compare what others here have. I would hope that anyone who is buying a Chanel is in the advantage of doing so. The money should never be an issue as buying a bag is nothing close to a necessity, rather a want that is a luxury but a very pricey one. I would say that if you have to ask; I wouldn't be thinking about a bag, buy the furniture which in my opinion sounds like you need. I never look at what others are doing nor do I try and keep up with how many bags they purchase. My bank account does the talking and if I can't pay cash I don't buy my bags. I hope you take this to heart as it's meant to let you know that many people here aren't able to purchase these very pricey pieces of luxury. Do what's best for your situation, not what other posters do or say. KWIM:heart::heart::heart::heart:

AMEN to this!

And just a thought... Do you really want to be carrying a nice purse & go home to an "empty" house? (if u know what i mean)

Necessity over luxury. No offense meant, just being real.

the flap CANT wait. these prices are only going to go UP. we dont know when its gonna stop but it doesn't seem like karls gonna stop this anytime soon. If it was any other bag, i would say get the furniture and tv. But, since the furniture and tv is not gonna have a price increase, and maybe go on sale for july 4th, i say you get the bag first. Or, you can get a pre-loved and get either the tv or furniture.

I hate to rain on this parade.....but furniture wins! When it comes to a tv, this is realy dependent on how much you actually watch or your family watches. You can do a smaller sized flatscreen maybe lk 40-something inches?? I mean at the end of a long day, I want to come home to beautiful surroundings,plush and comfortable furniture, and not a raggedy beat up couch. I guess the next question depends on your lifestyle--are you always out and about and live a very social life? B/c then you might not need the furniture, or can buy a cheaper couch. But if you are a more family-oriented person, having dinners, company over I would get the couch.