HELP - shipping to PayPal uncomfirmed address

tonkamama

Tonka forever lives in my ❤️
O.G.
Jul 20, 2010
Please help...

I have sold an item via EBay this morning, buyer using "Buy It Now" and paid immediately. However the only problem is the ship to address listed on PayPal is a UNconfirmed address.

Can anyone kindly advise me how to handle the issue??

I could ask buyer to change the address to a confirmed address... and my other option is to refund her the $$.. and re-list the item.

Just in case, if for some reason that buyer wants the item ship to a different address... can I ask buyer to send me an e-mail guarantee and instruct me to ship the item to a different address (say buyer's office??). Is this good enough to protect me from any future PayPal dispute?

Thank you very much!!

As long as PP tells you that it's okay to ship, you are covered with PP protection. Use DC and if international plus over 250, use insurance and/or sig. confirmation. Also, print out a copy of the PP saying that "it's okay to ship" to wherever the buyer's address is.

I don't see why you would ask the buyer to switch out his/her address for a business one. You can ask your buyer to confirm her/his address if you wish. It wouldn't hurt unless USPS can't find the address. That's happened to me before and I had to contact my buyer for her correct address.

mizsunshyne ~ Thank you so much... I just log-in & printed out confirmation directly off PayPal website and PP did shown "OK to Ship" on the transaction Details....so I think I am safe to ship...

Yes I always insure the item and request signature confirmation in order to protect me and the buyer(s). I don't mind paying "extra" in the shipping cost to ensure smooth transaction. :yes:

ladyisobel ~ I am a hobby seller on ebay ... thus I only ship to US residences to avoid any "issues" with international shipping errors. I was about to refund the buyer if the address is not verified by PP. As a seller this time, I will not risk anything.

However....
I do not understand why PayPal sent me Payment Receipt notice via email stating that the address is UNconfirmed... and then...

After I log into my PP account and it was OK to ship with the same address and this time it is confirmed? :confused1:

Can someone kindly advise me on this?? Appreciate all your helps!! :cutesy:

Don't know about that, OP. PP is weird. Sometimes people have confirmed addresses that are shown as unconfirmed. But no worries. I don't think it's a big deal at this time unless buyer changes her address after you've already posted postage. Remember to print a copy of her address that says the actual address you posted the package just to be safe.

Ditto! The powers that be have been implementing 'upgrades and enhancements' lately that have impacted various aspects of eBay and PP, confirmed/unconfirmed being one such aspect. For a few days, PP account holders could not update their addresses and have the changes actually take place either.

i agree with mizsunshyne, sometimes my confirmed address shows up as unconfirmed! PP is indeed weird sometimes.

Hey guys,
Big time lurker here, but I'm in the process of selling a bag on Bonanza right now and the person who has bought my bag has an unconfirmed US address. I think she's very new to Bonanza and PayPal, so perhaps there is a legit reason that it's unconfirmed.

My PayPal email says my seller protection is "partially eligible" for coverage, so only if the bag is not received :weird:

Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated! :smile:

^You could open up your own thread to receive more input, Hallie. Does your transaction say anywhere "OK to ship"? New buyers who recently open up PP accounts will always be unconfirmed until after a few purchases and payments. Unless it's a one time thing for PP. When you're "OK to ship", use delivery confirmation to track your item and use a security tag on your bag if they wish to return it. It'll protect you as a seller.

In my knowledge, "unconfirmed" means the buyer doesn't have his/her bank account linked to PP (only linked w/credit card) which my hubby was one =) that's why it didn't bother me.

^You could open up your own thread to receive more input, Hallie. Does your transaction say anywhere "OK to ship"? New buyers who recently open up PP accounts will always be unconfirmed until after a few purchases and payments. Unless it's a one time thing for PP. When you're "OK to ship", use delivery confirmation to track your item and use a security tag on your bag if they wish to return it. It'll protect you as a seller.

Thanks for getting back to me. The receipt I got from the buyer doesn't say anything about "OK to ship", it just says "you may now ship your items" and her address is still listed as unconfirmed. She told me in a message that it's the right address for her, so I'm just hoping that isn't a huge red flag :shame:

I'll start my own thread too just to possibly get some more input, but thank you!