Help setting up new Ebay account.

Mar 31, 2008
After all the trauma's of the last few days, selling restrictions, listings being removed etc I decided to open a new Ebay account. I thought that I could start off by buying a few items and then gradually build up my feedback before I start selling.
However I have hit a problem & not sure what to do. I have opened a new Ebay account no problem but need to verify my new Paypal account thats linked into it. When I put in my bank details I am getting a message saying that the account is already been used. I haven't tried my credit card yet but guess I will get the same thing. Is there any way round this? I only have the one bank account and one credit card and its seems a bit extreme to open new accounts just for Ebay!

After 7 years using Ebay with over 1300 100% feedback and I am having to resort to this!

I have two eBay IDs as well, and I have the same credit card account affixed to BOTH IDs for monthly eBay dues. No problem.

But if you're talking about opening a separate PP account, then no, it won't allow you to put the same bank info/credit card # on two separate accounts. It's weird, I know.

I tried linking my checking account to my husband's PP account, but it wouldn't let me.

However, you can have both IDs associated with ONE PP account, that's what I do. If that's easier.

After all the trauma's of the last few days, selling restrictions, listings being removed etc I decided to open a new Ebay account. I thought that I could start off by buying a few items and then gradually build up my feedback before I start selling.
However I have hit a problem & not sure what to do. I have opened a new Ebay account no problem but need to verify my new Paypal account thats linked into it. When I put in my bank details I am getting a message saying that the account is already been used. I haven't tried my credit card yet but guess I will get the same thing. Is there any way round this? I only have the one bank account and one credit card and its seems a bit extreme to open new accounts just for Ebay!

After 7 years using Ebay with over 1300 100% feedback and I am having to resort to this!

You can open as many eBay IDs as you wish, however, keep them ALL linked to ONE PP account. Trust me, much easier that way so you're not keeping track of all these different PP accounts.

Why do you want to open a new PP account, just out of curiosity?