Help! Sending off a designer bag. What are some precautionary measures I can take

irene83

O.G.
Mar 14, 2011
Hello everyone,

I need some expert advice.

I just sold a givenchy bag through an ebay auction and the payment has cleared. Reading about all the ebay nightmares are making me want to be as safe as possible, in shipping this bag.

I am particularly paranoid about any scams. What do you say I do? Should i bring my camera to the post office and record the bag being shipped? Insurance? Should i require signatures? Any suggestions? Please help!

Thank you~

I would ship with a security tag.. You certainly can video the packaging
of the bag being put into a box & being shipped.

Is this a domestic or international transaction?

Would ship with dc, signature & insurance as well.

What kind of feedback does this buyer have??

Thank you for your advice. The buyer only has one feedback and that's why I am trying to be particularly cautious..thank you. I'll take all measures you suggest.

I always ship goods by USPS Priority Mail. The flat rate postage is the most economical and safe way to ship goods. The package can weigh up to 70 lbs. Delivery confirmation is included in the price. You also have the option to insure the shipment; which includes both delivery and signature confirmation from the buyer.

When you ship using USPS.com or eBay/USPS, not only do you save on the shipping price (versus going to a local post office), it also includes tracking information for all shipments which can be accessed by both the buyer and seller. The perk I like best is free pick up of the Priority Mail shipment from your house/doorstep. They will even pick up the non-Priority Mail shipments along it. :smile:

I always ship goods by USPS Priority Mail. The flat rate postage is the most economical and safe way to ship goods. The package can weigh up to 70 lbs. Delivery confirmation is included in the price. You also have the option to insure the shipment; which includes both delivery and signature confirmation from the buyer.

When you ship using USPS.com or eBay/USPS, not only do you save on the shipping price (versus going to a local post office), it also includes tracking information for all shipments which can be accessed by both the buyer and seller. The perk I like best is free pick up of the Priority Mail shipment from your house/doorstep. They will even pick up the non-Priority Mail shipments along it. :smile:

I won't use USPS for deliveries that require signature confirmation. Too often, they fail to get it and deliver it anyway.

D.C. is only included if you print your shipping labels online. If you go to the post office, you pay for it -- $.75.