HELP!! Selling some jeans on Craigslist and the buyer wants to meet to try them on...

Update -- I went, met her (she was super cool!!! We sat and talked for like 30 minutes! LOL) and she bought both pairs I brought with me.

She wants to meet up again next weekend so she can try on the True Religions I am selling, too!

Well my first Craigslist selling experience was a good one! LOL

Glad your situation worked out! It's great that you guys hit it off too. I've sold things on CL, mainly furniture so I had to let the buyers check the stuff out in our home. Luckily, we lived in a high-rise with a doorman so it's not as scary. If I lived in a detached home where they can just walk up to the door, I'd be more hesitant.

Yeah the concept of Craigslist is really nice -- no listing fee (which is why I often shy away from Ebay) but the concept of letting someone come over to my house is scary!

But if I had a doorman I would definitely feel better about it.

The only "watch dogs" I have are my Chihuahuas, who weight 6 and 10 pounds! :smile:

I hate it when people on CL want to try your stuff on. I would just meet at a mall like Fab suggested, cause you surely don't want them at your house. Take a friend and of course meet in a public place.

And from now on, give measurements and just tell people that they can't try stuff on. Or at least thats what I would do. Good luck!

I'm glad it worked out for you! :smile:

I've tried doing that-I post specific measurements too. But when I meet up, people still say "Can't we just run over to _____ so I can try them on?" It's SUCH a pain >< I had one woman show up early, and I was still at work, and she insisted on coming into the salon I worked at to try them on. I ended up selling them to her for less than I should have, because my boss was 5min away and I was trying to get her the hell out of there. Will NEVER do that again!