Help - scratched vitello shine

I purchased a vitello shine bag last April from one of the Prada stores in NYC. Somehow, 2 months later, it had a 1/2 inch scratch right on the front in the middle. I have no idea how this happened (my feeling is that the leather is too fragile as I have never had this happen to a bag before) and sent it back to Prada with the hope that they could fix it - I even offered to pay. They sent it bag and said they did not repair their bags. I am in Michigan and don't know of any good leather repair places and I am willing to ship this somewhere to be repaired. Does anyone have any suggestions? Prada recommended leatherspa in NYC, but I saw some negative posts about this place. Thanks.

I am not sure but I have scratches on mine as well. The leather is slightly fragile (I think mine was probably from a finger nail) but I am trying not to let it bother me because I know there will be more. I also see that the leather is breaking in more.
Let me know if you do find any place that can repair it. I wonder if polish would help? Mine is blue so I won't find a good color match.

I think it is fragile too - a finger nail should not scratch a $1500 plus bag! I just called artbag in NYC and they said they do not think it can be repaired completely. They said they can try to match the color so it is not so noticeable but that is the best they can do. I am thinking of sending it to BBOS to see what they say. I am very sad.

warriorwoman - please be warned that I sent my suede Prada to BBOS to be cleaned early this year, and they estimated 4 weeks and it ended up being 12 weeks, with no updates in between despite my calling every few weeks. Each time I called, they said that all they could tell me was that it would take another ___ weeks. So while it is cheap compared to other places, you get what you pay for.

You might also try Lovingmybags. (not sure if I spelled it right)

Yes, I purchased a brown suede bag off EBay for $100 because it had some severe denim transfer on it. I sent it to BBOS to be cleaned for $80 or something like that, because lovingmybags wanted $240 and I wasn't sure if anyone could get the stains out. BBOS did a pretty good job, but I had to call about 6 times and waited all winter to get my bag back.

Keep us posted on your repair!