Help! Scared to go to work!!

moi et mes sacs

Science Geek!
O.G.
Sep 22, 2007
So here the situation which I am sure many people can relate to. I have been at home mum for 10 years, since having my son. Previously I was at University and then became a teacher. I have decided I must go back to work but discovered that I need to do a course to refresh my skills. It only takes 10 weeks and is very hard to get into due to limited places. Well I got a place. It starts in 3 weeks and I am so worried. You know, taking kids to school and arranging childcare and getting home and looking after them and keeping the house looking ok. It seems like 10000% more than what I do now. Will I manage? I am so worried...

The best thing is that you have 3 weeks to plan out a schedule based on the class your going to take :tup:

plan plan plan- schedules work best when there are multi-tasking needs for those that live with you = good luck and welcome back to the work force!!! :tup:

The best thing is that you have 3 weeks to plan out a schedule based on the class your going to take :tup:

plan plan plan- schedules work best when there are multi-tasking needs for those that live with you = good luck and welcome back to the work force!!! :tup:
Thanks Alaska, I feel so pathetic because I know ladies who juggle so much and I am quivering at the thought of challenge!!

you'll do great! get a planner and an awesome pen and time manage down to every 15 minutes if it helps you. having a planned out schedule might make you feel better. best of luck and hats off to you!

you'll do great! get a planner and an awesome pen and time manage down to every 15 minutes if it helps you. having a planned out schedule might make you feel better. best of luck and hats off to you!
Awww thanks. I feel terrified at the thought of standing in front of a classroom again. It used to be second nature to me.

So here the situation which I am sure many people can relate to. I have been at home mum for 10 years, since having my son. Previously I was at University and then became a teacher. I have decided I must go back to work but discovered that I need to do a course to refresh my skills. It only takes 10 weeks and is very hard to get into due to limited places. Well I got a place. It starts in 3 weeks and I am so worried. You know, taking kids to school and arranging childcare and getting home and looking after them and keeping the house looking ok. It seems like 10000% more than what I do now. Will I manage? I am so worried...

I felt the same way but when I first got divorced. I had always been a stay at home mom and then suddenly I realized I had to go out and find a job after being "gone" for so long! I had 3 boys to juggle around in various schools (2 went to seperate schools) and then one to day care. I'll admit, it was hard the first couple of weeks to get a rhythm going but trust me - it will come .. and things will just all fall right into place.

You'll be able to manage - us moms always can :tup: Good luck!!

Aww, don't worry! Are you more nervous about the course, teaching again, or juggling everything that is going to come with this new time in your life?

Don't be nervous about the coursework- you'll get back into the swing of things. And moms know HOW to juggle, so you will be fine with that, too! I'm freaking out right now at the thought of teaching as well, but it's my first time. While going back EVERY year is nerve-wracking, I believe that you will feel back in your element in no time. Even if you don't at first- you have your family and support at home which will remind you why you are going back to work in the first place, ya know? It'll all make sense and feel normal once you get into a routine. I think it's the dread of not actually doing it yet, but just anticipating and worrying about how it will all be. That's how I always feel, anyway :smile:

You're going to get a groove down and totally love this! You'll be a great inspiration to your kids and get out and about... good luck, enjoy it! And remember - it's normal to be nervous!!

Thanks for your replies, its been interesting reading. I remember rushing around at work before children. The thing that worries me is doing all that and having the children to come home and look after too.