Help! Scared about handles

Oh, this is a great topic. Fear of dark handles has been keeping me from getting a light bag too.

So not holding it by the handle and keeping your hands clean can keep the bag clean? Thanks for the tips!

Do the protectant sprays work well at all?

I agree with all of you above. Newspaper print is a nono. I still say washing your hands and keeping your hands clean is 99% of the battle. Some people don't wash their hands as much as others, or use more hand cream than others, etc. It also depends on where you work, what you do, some hands get dirtier than others obviously. I spay with Apple Guard as soon as I get the bag. I do it once a month at least. I also bought the handle care and use it after the Apple Guard. Too early to really know if the Handle protector works, but so far it looks good. My whites are as white as when I took them out of the box. I am going to take pics of my newest white City. I will take pics in a few months to compare any changes.
I do think that if you carry your bag by the handles most of the time, instead of using the shoulder strap or carrying it in the crook of your arm, they are going to get dirtier faster.
We see bags that are 3 years old with perfect handles and bags that are 6 months old with filthy black handles. There must be some reason. *wink*

I think powderpuff summed it all up very well. If you do all these things, it may not completely solve the problem, but it can make it about 80% less influent. Well done powder.
I would just add that whenever I put on hand cream, i almost only put it on the top of the hand and I avoid the inner part.

Yup, I agree. I've had my geige twiggy since the end of the summer and the handles still look brand new. I'm kind of obessive about washing my hands, don't touch the handles immediately after applying hand lotion, and try to carry it on the crook of my arm and on my shoulder mostly. :yes: