HELP! SANITIZER on Caviar

If buffing with a dry cloth or a tiny dab of water doesn’t help, alcohol probably ruined the finish of the caviar. You can get some clear top coat for leather dab some on carefully with a qtip (eg. Zelikovitz satin finish) to add a layer of clear finish to it.

If buffing with a dry cloth or a tiny dab of water doesn’t help, alcohol probably ruined the finish of the caviar. You can get some clear top coat for leather dab some on carefully with a qtip (eg. Zelikovitz satin finish) to add a layer of clear finish to it.

Have you ever used this product on an entire bag? I have a light grey bag with an almost matte caviar and wondering if there’s something I can do to give it a shinier finish for care purposes.

I accidentally did the same thing on my vintage classic caviar flap and I used the white cloth that came with the bag and gently wipe the sanitizer stain and it just went back to normal. I’m not a bag expert though but it worked for me. Honestly thought my bag would be ruined so I was pleasantly surprised.

Have you ever used this product on an entire bag? I have a light grey bag with an almost matte caviar and wondering if there’s something I can do to give it a shinier finish for care purposes.

Interesting to find out as I think it may be a great restorative product if it works. I personally have not heard of it, but will certainly take note of it. I think you may try to use it very lightly on the small patch of leather. If you see it works on your zippy try another small patch on the bag in a spot that is hidden. If you see it working then it’s good to go on the entire bag. Hope it works.

Something like this happened to my caviar wallet on chain too (but worse) I tried cadillac conditioner and another conditioner and it kind of helped. I took it to chanel though and they told me not to use any conditioner and just bring it to them. Maybe you can take it to them and they will do a service?? Instead of trying diy things. I don't think shoe polish is a good idea! (i tried it too sparingly and it didnt work)

Errrr i’ve used it on corners of caviar leather shoes and all over a preowned balenciaga city bag. I found out about it in the balenciaga sub forum, they use it to re-shine the corners. It’s super sticky and not super easy to apply an even coat, so I wouldn’t do that all over on a caviar bag unless you wouldn’t mind ruining it (should it not be evenly applied... it’s kinda got the texture of runny glue). It will help to make the bag shinier but it won’t soften the leather the way like shiny caviar tends to be.

Reactions: shells
Errrr i’ve used it on corners of caviar leather shoes and all over a preowned balenciaga city bag. I found out about it in the balenciaga sub forum, they use it to re-shine the corners. It’s super sticky and not super easy to apply an even coat, so I wouldn’t do that all over on a caviar bag unless you wouldn’t mind ruining it (should it not be evenly applied... it’s kinda got the texture of runny glue). It will help to make the bag shinier but it won’t soften the leather the way like shiny caviar tends to be.
Thanks for the info!