Help! Sadly I need a CVS - has anyone had one?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Wonderful news!! I'm so happy for you! Take care.

2. Hooray! I'm so relieved for you!

3. So now another issue I have been struggling with the last week and a half. They found from my CVS results that I am a carrier for cystic fibrosis. So they are testing my husband...the results should FINALLY come today or tomorrow. The waiting is excruciating. He has a 1 in 25 chance of being a carrier. If he is not a carrier, we are fine. If he is a carrier, we have a 25 percent change of our baby having some form of it. At least for once, this is NOT age related. Its been there since I was born. I should be glad that at least I know. If I would not be of AMA, they would have not likely done all this genetic testing.

Im hoping that since I overcame 1 in 8 odds of Downs, this is even less likely, but still, why me!

Im so nervous today. Why does everything have to be so complicated and scary?! I need some positive words of encouragement!

4. ^ viba, i'm sorry if you've already answered this but may i ask your age. i'm 35 and having my first so i'm just curious.

i do wish you luck and hope your husband is not a carrier of CB. try to stay busy today...as busy as possible.

i had an u/s yesterday -my first in three months- and i was so nervous but i didn't think about it or i would go crazy. i prayed and hoped for the best!

5. viba424- I'm praying and hoping the best for you and your baby! stay busy today! I know its really tough to wait. I'm anxiously waiting for my AFP results too... let's hang in there :smile:

6. #36 Jul 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
    Thanks for your kind wishes. I still havent heard back. Im 35 by the way and have no children. Who knew waiting would feel like forever!

7. Sending positive vibes your way!

8. #38 Jul 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
    Thank you God! We are in the clear. No cystic fibrosis. And my prayers are with you for good news BearyT!

9. Great news!!

10. Thanks viba424!! I'm soooo happy for you!!! I know these testing results drive us crazy!!!